Nikon Cashback

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

https://gb.nikonpromotions.co.uk/winter-2018/

CASHBACK AVAILABLE ON THE PURCHASE OF SELECTED NIKON DSLRS AND LENSES MADE BETWEEN 1ST NOVEMBER 2018 AND 15TH JANUARY 2019 (INCLUSIVE)
Just had a quick look, a lens or two that I do fancy, £90 cash back. Slightly tempted, but don't fancy having to give all my details, to claim cash back. Probably end up getting even more junk mail, as details probably get sold on. £90 cash back, at point of sale, deffo.

AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR arriving today £90 cash back

have wex put their prices up in order to then apply the cashback? Just doing a comparison between wex and panamoz out of curiosity and if you take say the 14-24 f2.8 then even after the 275 cashback wex are selling it for 1524 compared to 1080 on panamoz. I don't wish to start an ethics debate over the grey factor, but i don't recall the price difference being so significant last time i looked that wex even after a huge discount like that still weren't even competitive with the grey dealers.

Just had a quick look, a lens or two that I do fancy, £90 cash back. Slightly tempted, but don't fancy having to give all my details, to claim cash back. Probably end up getting even more junk mail, as details probably get sold on. £90 cash back, at point of sale, deffo.
I got the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR in a Nikon Cashback offer earlier in the year and have had nothing off them over and above the usual update email I get off them every month or so. I did get £90 cashback though. ;) :D

Be very wary if ordering from Amazon.

I emailed them yesterday to confirm that a lens 'Dispatched and sold by Amazon' was eligible for the Nikon cashback. I received a reply confirming that it was.

I received the lens this morning. The first obvious thing I noticed was sticker in a foreign language. Turned out to mean '2 year warranty' in Polish! Added to that was a sticker over the box stating 'Not to be sold separately' - obviously split from a kit!

In either case it wouldn't be eligible for the cashback. I emailed them to complain and received a simple apology followed by 'Have a nice day'!.

I'm waiting for a response to my latest email!

I got the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR in a Nikon Cashback offer earlier in the year and have had nothing off them over and above the usual update email I get off them every month or so. I did get £90 cashback though. ;) :D
Just been having another nose, I am very very tempted.

Be aware of the list of retailers they will accept receipts off. There should be a list linked on their offer page. I would also phone the retailer you have chosen to buy from to check that they have stock as these offers certainly shift stock. I did that in July, phoned and was told they had stock, only for the company to phone me back a couple of hours later to tell me they had no stock. :mad: :rolleyes: The 2nd company I phoned, Clifton Cameras, the chap actually went and checked in their stock room while I was on the phone to confirm that his computer was telling him the correct information and they had the lens in stock. :) So I would recommend them. ;)

I emailed them yesterday to confirm that a lens 'Dispatched and sold by Amazon' was eligible for the Nikon cashback. I received a reply confirming that it was.

I received the lens this morning. The first obvious thing I noticed was sticker in a foreign language. Turned out to mean '2 year warranty' in Polish! Added to that was a sticker over the box stating 'Not to be sold separately' - obviously split from a kit!

In either case it wouldn't be eligible for the cashback. I emailed them to complain and received a simple apology followed by 'Have a nice day'!.

One of the terms on cashback is, " Cashback available on the purchase of selected DSLRS and lenses made between 1st November 2018 and 15th January 2019". So if item is old stock, won't be eligible for cashback.

hang on ,i thought you sold your d5300 :eek:

have wex put their prices up in order to then apply the cashback? Just doing a comparison between wex and panamoz out of curiosity and if you take say the 14-24 f2.8 then even after the 275 cashback wex are selling it for 1524 compared to 1080 on panamoz. I don't wish to start an ethics debate over the grey factor, but i don't recall the price difference being so significant last time i looked that wex even after a huge discount like that still weren't even competitive with the grey dealers.
Wex isn't a great example in this case as they aren't the cheapest on this lens by some margin - camerapricebuster shows it's pricing (https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-FX-Lenses/Nikon-AF-S-14-24mm-f2.8G-ED-Lens) and seems Amazon or John Lewis is the best to buy from at this stage.

I try to use Grays of Westminster if I can - I know thye can be expensive but the service is next to none.

Ironically, for the 70-300mm P lens somebody mentioned (I think) it's the cheapest of everyone and that includes postage - and will get £90 back!

https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-FX-Lenses/Nikon-AF-P-70-300mm-f4.5-5.6E-ED-VR-Lens
Nice extra £10 saving if Gray's are on the Nikon approved list, which I assume they are, but best to check. [emoji6]

Wex isn't a great example in this case as they aren't the cheapest on this lens by some margin - camerapricebuster shows it's pricing (https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-FX-Lenses/Nikon-AF-S-14-24mm-f2.8G-ED-Lens) and seems Amazon or John Lewis is the best to buy from at this stage.

I take your point but i am pretty sure i have seen this lens cheaper than it's current price on wex before now is all. I could very well be wrong but it just set an alarm bell ringing

I take your point but i am pretty sure i have seen this lens cheaper than it's current price on wex before now is all. I could very well be wrong but it just set an alarm bell ringing
Nikon lenses just keep going up and up every year at the moment it seems - my 70-200 f4 was £700 3yrs ago and it's £1200 now!

Back