Beginner Nikon D200?

Name
AliWELLS1
Edit My Images
No
Hi, I have recently discovered the Nikon D200 and I'm looking for some views on if this camera would be good for an amateur trying to advance.

Regards, Alistair:)

Fairly limited ISO capabilities but if you are happy with 800 or lower, it's a great body.

you can get a d300 for not a great deal more second hand

Fuji S5 tends to be a little cheaper and depending what you want to do may be a bit better (They are the same body with different sensors)

Nikon has higher burst rate and is sharper.
Fuji has better ISO performance, dynamic range and Exceedingly good colours - perfect portrait camera.

Fuji S5 tends to be a little cheaper and depending what you want to do may be a bit better (They are the same body with different sensors)

Nikon has higher burst rate and is sharper.
Fuji has better ISO performance, dynamic range and Exceedingly good colours - perfect portrait camera.

+1

I still own 2 S5's and an S3 despite having a D800E and unless there is a potential need for video an S5 is usually my second body, along the way I've had and sold a D200, 300, 300S, 700 and a D3 but will always keep an S5

Hi Alistair, The D200 is an excellent bit of kit, very well made and capable of extreemly good results. As others have said they are not so good on high ISO, but when I had one I managed to get acceptable results up to 1600 ISO.

Hope this helps.

George.

+1

I still own 2 S5's and an S3 despite having a D800E and unless there is a potential need for video an S5 is usually my second body, along the way I've had and sold a D200, 300, 300S, 700 and a D3 but will always keep an S5

Wish I hadn't sold mine, will probably get another actually! (had an IR converted one at one point too!)

I doubt I have ever used mine above ISO 400, to be honest. I normally stick to 100 or 200.

Back