Nikon D3 - Purely Gadgets

Edit My Images
No
Purely Gadgets are doing the D3 for £2579.

Does anyone have any feedback on this retailer? Seriously thinking of getting one at this price but worried it's an import or similar that won't have the 2year Nikon Warranty.

Any feedback appreciated

Hi,
A while back I enquired about an sb800 and the reply said any repairs would be done by there own technicians, cutting through all the other stuff they put as well the opinion of myself and others on here was that they sell grey imports

I'm pretty sure their stuff is grey market, iirc the MB-D80 I bought from them didn't come with a Nikon warranty, just their own 18 month one.

I bought my tripod head from them. Fast delivery and the cheapest price I could find at the time.

Not sure I would rely on them fixing a D3 though.

I'm willing to bet they use MackCam warranties which is no bad thing. That or you return a faulty product to them and they send it back to the manufacturer in the original country.

I used them for my Sigma 24-70 that went wrong and to be honest I didn't think I was ever going to see it again. Crap after sales and the lost of my lens for 2 days short of 3 months make it a never deal with them again. Hope that helps in some way. ;)

Well, I bought a Nikon 14-24 2.8 from them last month as it was the cheapest UK price I could find. I had a few special requirements for delivery and their email responses were very fast and helpful and I was pleasantly surprised to be honest. Delivered as promised and I would say (y)

The 18 month warrany also seemed a winner to me...

I asked them direct wether it was a UK model with 2 year Nikon Warranty, and they side stepped the question in their answer, which tells me all I need to know.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will be looking elsewhere now for a good deal.

I asked them direct wether it was a UK model with 2 year Nikon Warranty, and they side stepped the question in their answer, which tells me all I need to know.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will be looking elsewhere now for a good deal.

Park Camera's seem good.

Purely use grey imports. When i rang sigma, the lady on the phone said strait away that they were grey imports and they have had a few returns (warranty returns) from them.

Looks like I'll be going to Jessops early next week then. Strangely they seem to be the best price at the moment.

Most of my cameras have come from Jessops, they tend to be the cheapest for bodies, hoping you'll buy memory etc from them, but at £64 (when I bought my D300) for a 2gb Sandisk Extreme III (£13 at 7dayshop) they'll have tough time making that business model work :LOL:

I will not deal with Purely Gadgets. I had a bad experience with them a while back to do with a Nikon grip. I found their customer service to be practically non existent.

I will not deal with Purely Gadgets. I had a bad experience with them a while back to do with a Nikon grip. I found their customer service to be practically non existent.

Ever tried dealing with Nikon themselves? :bang::bang:

My D300 went in for some minor stuff 2 weeks ago. Have got it back already, with some extras in it I wasn't expecting. :D:D:D

D2x Picture modes, focus adjustments and Exposure adjustment were all done for me

My D300 went in for some minor stuff 2 weeks ago. Have got it back already, with some extras in it I wasn't expecting. :D:D:D

D2x Picture modes, focus adjustments and Exposure adjustment were all done for me

They were all available as a download from the Nikon site anyway, but nice of them to install them for you anyway :)

Back