Nikon D300 and silica gell

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
_DSC4346.jpg
Nikon D300

I know I have mentioned this before , However the result is now even better as shown above in ordinary daylight.. Previous photos shown some time ago was shown inside.

For those who missed the thread. What happened was the rear screen became fogged up so bad that outside it was impossible to see the picture and very hard to view inside. I had the option of sending the camera away to have the rear view replaced or cleaned involving a camera strip down. Cost v camera value not worth it, Or saw about using silica gell pouches. So I bought the gell and put the camera in an airtight plastic bag with the gell packets in a peli case. This worked far beyond my expectations after a few weeks. This fogging up is prone on the Nikon D300, why I can only guess it is not completely air tight somewhere. Now it is back as it came out of the factory not that I use it much nowadays but still a good starter camera with just over 30K actuations.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7PBkZQDHFY

So if anyone is interested I might consider selling it with nikon grip and Nikon DX lens etc not tripod shown

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.i have a d7k which doesn't get out much. I am para about condensation

With mine it was not an overnight fix as the rear screen was quite bad. I had this camera from new so I know its history. I do have a nikon D800 and D810 so this D300 is more or less redundant except for the afs12-24 f 1:4 G lens that I now use very occassionally with it.

If you care to know about me getting this D300 there is a little story behind it. A great pal of mine who has now passed away and myself had the D200 ( I previously had the D70s). We both noticed how heavy the D200 was on the battery life so my pal got his D300 and remarked how much it had improved over the D200. Not to be outdone ;) I sold my D200 and got this D300. Jessops (the old Jessops that as was back then) tried selling me a used one as new but I caught them out and threatened to sue for misrepresentation and fraudalent selling practice, they quickly backed down.
So This camera has been in my possession since new. Because of the history behind it I am reluctant to sell it but what do I want 3 Nikon cameras for plus a Panasonic Camcorder and a Nikon L26 compact? Maybe if I had three hands and like a women be able to multi-task things would be different.:D
found a cxopy of original cost

001ab.jpg

Last edited:
Back