Nikon d300 battery grip

Name
phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, think i know the anser to this question but will still ask it. Has anybody got a cheaper non nikon battery grip if so how does it perform.or as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
Thanks Phil;)

We bought one of the Hahnel one for the d200/300 it works fine and came with a remote control and car charger, it doesn't feel a sturdy as the nikon one though but it was about half the price and does the same job. Wayne

dont want to put the mockers on this but the hahnel ones arn,t exactly water proof:thumbsdown:

We bought one of the Hahnel one for the d200/300 it works fine and came with a remote control and car charger, it doesn't feel a sturdy as the nikon one though but it was about half the price and does the same job. Wayne

On a serious note though, does the hahnel dual fit with the D200 and D300?

I can't see how it would.
The D200 grip goes INTO the battery chamber but the D300 grip just attaches to the bottom of the camera.
But if I'm wrong I stand to be corrected.:thumbsdown:

London camera exchange are selling them for £189.00 new.
In manchester.

Try Photobyte on ebay they sell proper quality ones at low prices there

Neither is the D300. Wayne

Well it is kinda, it's weather protected (unlike D40,50,60 & 80) so it might be important if you are out in the elements and expect the grip to hold up as well as the camera.

I bought mine when I was in HK for £110 so I'm sure if you don't mind ordering from there that there are bargains to be had.

One here if you're quick
HTML:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nikon-mbd10-multi-power-battery-pack-nikon-d300-700_W0QQitemZ130274749525QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:UK:101

Well it is kinda, it's weather protected (unlike D40,50,60 & 80) so it might be important if you are out in the elements and expect the grip to hold up as well as the camera.

I bought mine when I was in HK for £110 so I'm sure if you don't mind ordering from there that there are bargains to be had.

Sorry but the d300 is not weather sealed, you have to get the D3 for that. Wayne

Sorry but the d300 is not weather sealed, you have to get the D3 for that. Wayne

Really? According to the Nikon UK site...

"The TIPA-jury comments: “With its solid design, excellent handling and robust, weather-sealed build quality, the Nikon D300 offers professional quality at a reasonable price."

:shrug:

"The TIPA-jury comments: “With its solid design, excellent handling and robust, weather-sealed build quality, the Nikon D300 offers professional quality at a reasonable price."

Mines defo weather sealed. You can easily tell the difference because of the fitting and resistance on the buttons and dials, when say compared to a D80.

Mines defo weather sealed. You can easily tell the difference because of the fitting and resistance on the buttons and dials, when say compared to a D80.

and the fact that my D80 died in a light shower, whereas the D300 has been out in torrential rain and still performs faultlessly :)

and the fact that my D80 died in a light shower, whereas the D300 has been out in torrential rain and still performs faultlessly :)

D200 was the same i had, was out in the rain and never had a problem, always tried to kep it dry however but it did get the occasional shower

Nikon say " Durable, magnesium alloy body : water and dust resistant. " (not water proof) They are all water and dust resistant, it means nothing.
The D3 on the other hand "Protected by a tough, environmentally-sealed magnesium alloy body"

At the end of the day ignoring semantics, the D80 and models below seemingly have a very low level of protection, the D300 has significantly more making it 'splash proof' or whatever you want to call it. Finally the D3 and D3x may have a bit more protection on top of the D300.

You wouldn't dunk any of them in the bath though.

Thanks for all the coments,just been looking on amazon they got Nikon MB-D10 for £169.95 think thats a good deal you agree :)
Phil;)

Back