Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
hi
back in the game but
sigh
after 3 years in dry storage my D300 wont switch ON
tried several charged batteries and various cards, various lens (all work in my D90)
cleaned all accessible terminals
sometimes the top LCD displays come ON but that's it....(n)

any ideas.......I've placed a'Body Only' advert in 'Wanted' just in case........

thanks

None too sure but wonder as follows:-

When you say you tried the battery...was this just s put it in and see if it starts up ok?

If so, perhaps leave a charged battery in for a few hours before turning it on! Why, well (in common with many/all cameras) if the subsidiary backup battery is non user changeable it is likely flat as the proverbial pancake :LOL:. So given time to charge......maybe the camera body will behave as expected???

Reactions: Sky
When you say you tried the battery...was this just s put it in and see if it starts up ok?...........YES

If so, perhaps leave a charged battery in for a few hours before turning it on! Why, well (in common with many/all cameras) if the subsidiary backup battery is non user changeable it is likely flat as the proverbial pancake :LOL:. So given time to charge......maybe the camera body will behave as expected???

Nail head maybe..been in storage for at least 4-5 years...........yesterday after a few hours 'ON' the top LCD panel showed a display

I'll insert a full battery and leave standing 'OFF' overnight
fingers crossed..............................thanks

Plus just thinking out loud.

On the surmise that it does indeed start up aok.

In your shoes I would initially first off a few single shutter actions....one at a time, say 20 times over. Why, well after all this time any self lubrication could have dried out but hopefully any lube is still ok. It just needs a few activations to spread it around.........then as appropriate fire off a few bursts to ensure all is well.

Oh, I would do the above without a lens attached at first. Then each lens attached in turn to ensure likewise that their diaphragms are working AOK.

As you say fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
On the surmise that it does indeed start up aok........................

strangely enough the D90 started up straight away... checked all the menu settings -- all OK
indoor images are perfect

I will try all my Nikon lens on the D90 - tomorrow as I've just opened a wee Rose...

Back