John
Edit My Images
Yes
fingers crossed this time

#1 sold for funds years ago
#2-- un-repairable by Nikon
#3 from an eBay dealer - returned .. for refund
tn_DSC_0078.JPG

so bought #4 today ...35k shutter.....fingers crossed this time............:)
a bit more money but had a long chat with seller - seems all good to go..!

tn_01 front.jpg

now for some RTFM..!

PS...... FYI LCE has 2 nice examples in stock but i bought privately

Great camera in it's day, I remember really wanting one but they were expensive at the time so I settled for a D90. The D300s is the one I was after, these cameras still produce nice quality images today. Good luck with this one, 4th time is the charm, right? :D

Great camera in it's day, I remember really wanting one but they were expensive at the time so I settled for a D90. The D300s is the one I was after, these cameras still produce nice quality images today. Good luck with this one, 4th time is the charm, right? :D....................

thanks.. (y) ....I have a D90 too for walkabouts
.....there are still some D300s floating about on eBay and LCE has a couple

thanks.. (y) ....I have a D90 too for walkabouts
.....there are still some D300s floating about on eBay and LCE has a couple

I shoot Fuji these days, but wouldn't say no to one of these old classics on side

Great camera. Mine had 494,251 actuation's on it when I stopped using it, but was still going string. Sat in a cupboard for 3 years, I used it one last time before part chopping it in for newer kit.

Great camera. Mine had 494,251 actuation's on it when I stopped using it, but was still going string. Sat in a cupboard for 3 years, I used it one last time before part chopping it in for newer kit.

Yikes! That is impressive, I doubt all the cameras I've had over the past 10 years combined even came close to that!

Funnily enough I was looking at A D300s the other night ,it’s just the cost and weight of the lenses that puts me off .

Funnily enough I was looking at A D300s the other night ,it’s just the cost and weight of the lenses that puts me off .

For me, if I nabbed one cheap enough I'd strictly use it with a small prime or a macro lens just for fun. Keep it light and cheerful as possible

well 4th time lucky..!...I hope
arrived today - gobsmacked - it's mint...... (y)
Shutter count 35126

I'll used it for 48 hours before feedback but so far so good

added my own film type LCD screen protectors
set up all my own menus ... now just need some sunlight
tn_DSC_0801.JPG
tn_DSC_0800.JPG
tn_DSC_0802.JPG
tn_DSC_0804.JPG
:)(y):banana::nikon:

Just checked my D300 and the shutter count is 30036 and I thougfht that was a lot

Love my D300 but will probably sell it when the Z6s comes out.
How do I find how many activation's mines done.
Can't see it in the menus but mine must be relatively low

Mine the back screen is a little faint. Having researched it is not uncommon with the D300 air moisture can get into the camera body. What is recommended and I am just going to try out is this.
Leave the front cap off the camera and put in into a sealed bag with silicone gel bag/s. I have extracted as much air in the bag as i can as well, so have to see if that works over the next few days

Back