Nikon D300s v Nikon D500

Name
Chris Stone
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Need advise I have some years old D300s not into semi pro stuff, I like to take very very best quality family pics, manly my large family Labrador’s have looked over the years many cameras to replace my 300s my question is simply should I change to D500, remember I have Nikon lens to to change to another make I don’t think makes sense does it ? Quality is the issue with quick simplicity as often catching that moment is important please advise

The D500 is a pro level body ,And quiet complicated why not look at D7200 or D7500 same I.q but cheaper

Are you no longer happy with the quality of output from the D300 any more? Are you missing shots because of it’s limitations, eg low
Light or autofocus? If not, a change of lens may improve things. Depending on what kind of photographs you take, a D500 will certainly make a difference in some situations but if you’re photographing static subjects in good light at low ISO’s you may not see a substantial difference unless you are printing huge or regularly view on screen at 100%.

But if you just fancy a change and have money to spend on a good camera, you don’t need us to justify it to you, just go and buy one.

I'm still using my D300.
I was quite excited when the D500 was released but was put off by it not having a built in flash.
Daft I know, but I'm a casual photographer and just like the convenience of a built in flash for the odd occasions I need it to fill or for low light.

I will be switching to a Nikon Z at some stage though. Might have to start a Flash learning curve then.

If you need to change then I would suggest the D7500, same sensor as the D500 and very capable but cheaper and lighter.

Back