Beginner Nikon D3200 3rd party flash recommendations

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
can some of you nice people recommend me a 3rd party flash that I can mount on a Nikon D3200 hotshoe, after googling I believe that one with TTL will be better but I am after recommendations from people that have tried and tested these devices before i commit to spending since I find that Nikon original flash units are rather expensive and my budget is approx £100

Hi

Have a look at the yn565ex for Nikon. Not a bad flash for the money.

Nissin are generally recommended as third party alternatives but personally I'd just seek out a used SB600 which if you're (very) lucky you'll be able to get for £100.

so now i am considering either Meike MK-910 or Yongnuo 568 does anybody have any preference of 1 over the other or any past shortcomings that I should be aware of?

As you will see from the link above from Kev, I'm very happy with my pair of mk-910's. They've never failed me and have been used for a wide application of stuff. No experience with the Yongnuo's so can't help there I'm afraid.

The bit that some third party flashes fail to add is HSS. But as the d3200 does not support this function it's not an issue.

Good man. You won't regret it. If you do step up to a body that supports HSS then the Meike does it. It also has the built in reciever so you'll be able to use it with Nikons CLS system. Not sure if the D3200 has that either but it's better to have it just in case you move up with the body.

Back