Nikon D3200 - Filters?

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

As stated a few times,I'm new starting off so require some info from yourselves on most things at the moment. I've basically got a Nikon D3200 and a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G lens and that's it. I've got a few things to get such as a good tripod and shutter remote and I've also been told to get some polarised filters which is why I've come to seek advice from you guys as to what filters I would require?

Thanks again,

Jason.

Realistically, if you don't know why you'd use a filter there's no point in getting them and everyone's requirements are different. Have a read up on polarizing filters and see if what the do would be required in the type of photography.

Depends entirely on what you want to shoot! If landscape is your bag then I wouldn't be without my circular polariser (Marumi dhg it's affordable and gets great reviews).

A set of nd grads is also great but opens up a whole world of expensive questions about systems and makes.

Beyond that if you want to get into the latest tend you'll want a 10 stop nd so you can do silky water and blurt clouds which seems to befall the rage. Haida filters from the bay seem to be getting popular for this.

Realistically, if you don't know why you'd use a filter there's no point in getting them and everyone's requirements are different. Have a read up on polarizing filters and see if what the do would be required in the type of photography.
Will do thanks for the reply

One piece of advice I'd give is don't go for the cheapest filter options, see enough people putting cheap filters in front of nice lenses which will only degrade the image quality...

One piece of advice I'd give is don't go for the cheapest filter options, see enough people putting cheap filters in front of nice lenses which will only degrade the image quality...
Right i didn't think of that,I've got so much to learn ha.. What shutter remote would you recommend? Thanks!

Right i didn't think of that,I've got so much to learn ha.. What shutter remote would you recommend? Thanks!
I've always gone with cheap ebay options I have a wired and IR one that together cost less than £5 the official products are pricey!

Back