nikon d40

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
reviews on this entry level dslr please? and is there a better alternative for the same price bracket?

I love mine, it goes just about everywhere with me and has been a great camera to learn on!

You can use the ISO up to 800 before it because stupidly grainy, fun little camera. Even if I am beginning to out grow it...

I love mine, it goes just about everywhere with me and has been a great camera to learn on!

You can use the ISO up to 800 before it because stupidly grainy, fun little camera. Even if I am beginning to out grow it...

:plus1:.......then I moved up to a D5000

should you buy the D40...when you upgrade it will NOT be difficult to sell

I had a D40 for nearly 2 years, its a brilliant entry level camera.

Learnt so much with mine and when it came to sell it I hardly lost any money at all.

You wont regret buying one.

Have a look at a D50, very similar in quality of build and pictures to a D40 but has dual screens and a built in motor so any Nikon lens (such as the 'nifty fifty' 50mm 1.8) will autofocus, unlike the D40.

If this is your first DSLR and someone is offering you a good unit that is sound, then by all means go for it. You will NOT regret it. I'm on the lookout for one myself , the D90 for me was simply too dang big because I take my camera for long hikes.

Back