Nikon D4s New £3500 from wex full 2yr Nikon uk gte.

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Well it wont have a guarantee/warranty
Yes it has Garry! did you not look at the photos it is from Wex in the UK with receipt and Nikon 2yr gte.The guy is a nutter.he must be on crack or Heroin or something and need the cash.I recon he could have walked into a dealer and got more than that for it.Never seen anything like it before!

Now Sold.... didnt last very long.
Somebody got a good deal.
Just curious as to why the owner didnt sell it back to a camera dealership.
Surely they are worth more than £3.5k at trade prices???

Yes it has Garry! did you not look at the photos it is from Wex in the UK with receipt and Nikon 2yr gte.The guy is a nutter.he must be on crack or Heroin or something and need the cash.I recon he could have walked into a dealer and got more than that for it.Never seen anything like it before!
No it doesnt have any warranty, not one thats useable to the buyer as Nikon warranties arent transferrable and neither are warranties from WEX, the warranty will only apply to the guy listed on the invoice/receipt and he's cleverly covered up those details by putting the warranty card on top, the seller may not in fact be the the guy listed on the invoice.

However, any "savvy" buyer will already know the warranty is worthless.

Last edited:
No it doesnt have any warranty, not one thats useable to the buyer as Nikon warranties arent transferrable and neither are warranties from WEX, the warranty will only apply to the guy listed on the invoice and he's cleverly covered up those details by putting the warranty card on top
True but I'm sure if the new owner tried to claim and had the original invoice to provide to Nikon, they would repair it.
If they refused then how would they deal with warranty claims made by people who got them as a gift or if it was bought by a employer etc?

I think its rubbish that Nikon do not allow warranty transfers, Sony allow it.

True but I'm sure if the new owner tried to claim and had the original invoice to provide to Nikon, they would repair it.
If they refused then how would they deal with warranty claims made by people who got them as a gift or if it was bought by a employer etc?

I think its rubbish that Nikon do not allow warranty transfers, Sony allow it.
Nope, they are very strict and simply wont touch it, why should they??? Tried it twice, once at Lehmanns and once direct with Nikon and got burned both times. as they asked for proof of address with the name on receipt.

Thats why when we buy and sell on here that if were the original owner we are willing to act as go between shoud the need arise.

My D7000 was serviced by Nikon under the warranty but the receipt wasn't in my name. It was in my mothers though so the same surname was the same. I suspect if the names similar are then they will be okay only when it's very different will it become an issue.

My old D300s was serviced under warranty with Nikon UK and it was brought by my step dad who I neither share a name or address with I just had to provide them with the receipt and it never got questioned

Willing to bet anything that the camera was not brought - it was an insurance replacement he/she didn't want. His price is on par with what you can buy them for new from a grey import seller. Whoever brought it hasn't got the bargain of the century, but they do have a UK version of a good camera.

I was actually considering this camera. Sent the guy a few messages and he seemed genuine. I was a bit reticent at the price still but for a UK camera I was seriously considering it. Then I made the mistake of discussing my ideas with the wife and that was that! :(

I was actually considering this camera. Sent the guy a few messages and he seemed genuine. I was a bit reticent at the price still but for a UK camera I was seriously considering it. Then I made the mistake of discussing my ideas with the wife and that was that! :(

You know where you went wrong :whistle:

That show that he had priced it too cheap.It should have been a buy it now or offers at about £4350.He must have a screw loose!
Discussing it with the wife! you didn't really want it then?

Last edited:
That's just one of the grey imports with a 1 year seller warranty there are plenty like that on there.You don't get ones like the one I pointed out with a receipt from Wex two days old for £3500.The guy who sold was out of his tree. Thanks anyway.

That's just one of the grey imports with a 1 year seller warranty there are plenty like that on there.You don't get ones like the one I pointed out with a receipt from Wex two days old for £3500.The guy who sold was out of his tree. Thanks anyway.
you dont seem to understand, the one you pointed to doesnt have any sort of warranty regardless of how you dress it up, you would actually be better off with a "grey" lens with 12 month warranty

Back