Review Nikon D4s or Nikon D850

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering if you guys could help me? my apologies if this question has been asked all ready.

I have my funds organised for a excellent quality secondhand Nikon D4s or a new Nikon D850 extra Nikon battery grip to be added later.

I am very keen on birds/ wildlife photography, I have been reading and reading about these two models but I have now totally confused myself to which model.

Can anyone using these models give me there thoughts to which one or both will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanking you in advance
Ian

I have had the older models D800 and D4.

I would certainly go for the high resolution.

D850 pictures look so amazing but the D4 and D4s at 16mp look like any old 2010 APS-C took them IMO.

another vote for the d850 with is higher res also better dynamic range
you will able to crop right into your pics and still have plenty mp for good prints

D850 pictures look so amazing but the D4 and D4s at 16mp look like any old 2010 APS-C took them IMO.

Thank you for your input it’s very much appreciated [emoji106]

you will able to crop right into your pics and still have plenty mp for good prints

Thank you for your input it’s very much appreciated [emoji106]

Had a d4s a while back and have d850’s now for what you want to use your camera for d4s all day long.

I am very keen on birds/ wildlife photography,

Me too ... I've had a D4S and now I have a D850, I wouldn't go back.
Superior AF, 19MP in DX mode if that's of interest, great detail available and the ability to crop in when you can't get close enough.
9 fps with a grip and EN-EL18 battery & reportedly 5,000+ shots per charge.

If gramps says d850...good enough advice for me Ian, i'm still on a d500 and d3 atm.
If you've the funds for the latest..just go for it, you'll get a good return in a few months if you don't like it..

Thank you f2.8, Icee, gramps, for your input it is appreciated. More food for thought.

No contest D850 all day long, you nearly always need reach with wildlife and if you can't get close enough the 45mp helps so much being able to crop so much and still have a useable image!

If gramps says d850...good enough advice for me Ian, i'm still on a d500 and d3 atm.
If you've the funds for the latest..just go for it, you'll get a good return in a few months if you don't like it..

Me too ... I've had a D4S and now I have a D850, I wouldn't go back.
Superior AF, 19MP in DX mode if that's of interest, great detail available and the ability to crop in when you can't get close enough.
9 fps with a grip and EN-EL18 battery & reportedly 5,000+ shots per charge.

No contest D850 all day long, you nearly always need reach with wildlife and if you can't get close enough the 45mp helps so much being able to crop so much and still have a useable image!

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have bought a Nikon D850 from the photography show last weekend.

I would like to thank you for your feedback in helping me make my decision
Ian.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have bought a Nikon D850 from the photography show last weekend.

Ian.
Great purchase! I am sure you will love it.
I got one two weeks ago and I am shocked by the images I get

Hi All,

Ian.

Great purchase! I am sure you will love it.
I got one two weeks ago and I am shocked by the images I get

Hi Justin,

Thank you for you comment I can’t wait for the weekend to give a try [emoji3]

Back