Nikon D50 or D60? (Second body)

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm after a second hand body as a second body.

The D50 can be had for the £140 mark and I've found a seller of A grade D60 bodies for £230.

Personally i would go for a D50 just for the fact that you can use any Nikon lenses and they will auto focus, as opposed to the D60 where they won't, having said that i appreciate the D60 has more up to date technology, it's just a personal thing but i think Nikon made a big mistake with there last line up of budget DSLR,s not having an inbuilt motor for there D40 D40X and D60 lenses, but as i said just IMHO.

depends on which lenses you have, the D50 can use any lens from the last 25 years, D60 needs AF-s lenses as it has no AF motor in the body though you can still use manual focus.

i'd go for the D50

Lol funnily enough I said in a post the other day I'd avoid the D40 and 60 purely of the AFS reason. As sig lol, I have mainly AFS and HSM lenses.

The AFS issue doesn't bother me for a second body. That aside, what else is a major pro/con? :)

The D60 is smaller and lighter.

Andy

i would personally save the money and go for a D200. reasons below

1. Memory types remain the same with the 200, no having different cards for different cameras
2. Bateries are the same
3. size of them are the same so helps to

I would go for a D70(s) over either of the OP's suggestions, purely because it's more like the D300 in terms of handling (size and 2 control wheels). An added bonus is that it uses CF cards rather than SD, so there's no extra outlay on storage.

If you make sure any extra batteries are suitable for the D300, they will work fine in the D70 (and the D50) but be aware that the older (black EN-EL3) batteries WON'T fit into or work with the D300 (which needs EN-EL3e batteries)

Back