Nikon D500 Firmware Update

Name
Mervyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Could someone please tell me in simple terms how to do a firmware update on my D500.
I'm trying to pair it with my smartphone but it won't let me proceed without doing a firmware update.
Thanks in anticipation

Thx Snerkler
When I double click 7-D500-V110M.dmg it opens Elements 11 but I get a message that its the wrong type of file!!!
Always problems!!

Merv a .DMG file is an Apple MAC type file, are you using an Apple MAC or Windows ? if Windows click the left side panel first then dload the file again ...

Thx Snerkler
When I double click 7-D500-V110M.dmg it opens Elements 11 but I get a message that its the wrong type of file!!!
Always problems!!
As above, if you're a windows user you need the .exe file. Dunno why it opens up Elements though :confused:

Tried opening in Mac but get message that Safari can't find an ap. Which ap would you suggest?

Tried opening in Mac but get message that Safari can't find an ap. Which ap would you suggest?
You don't need to open an app, just open the files and get the.bin file

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 15.34.49.png

Does the Mac perhaps see the icon as an image and automatically associate it with Elements?
Just tried it on mine to see and it doesn't open any other app. Downloaded the file from the Nikon site, double clicked it and it mounted the drive and opened up a folder containing the .bin zip file.

Just tried it on mine to see and it doesn't open any other app. Downloaded the file from the Nikon site, double clicked it and it mounted the drive and opened up a folder containing the .bin zip file.
Doesn't open any app for me either, just wondering if that's the source of the problem for Mervyn. :)

Hi Folks. Problem solved went in to the Mac version and all done and dusted.
Am Trying to pair the camera with my smartphone and hopefully i can now proceed. It wouldn't work as I didnt have the latest firmware.

Thx for help
Merv

Ah, Snapbridge ... we'll reserve another thread for you! :(

:nikon:I hope that's a joke Gramps but you never know! May need you again soon:wave:

Just a follow up Gramps. Got the phone and camera paired and everything working a treat

Just a follow up Gramps. Got the phone and camera paired and everything working a treat
Well done you Merv ... up amongst the 10% :D

Back