Nikon D500 pictures

Edit My Images
No
Hi,
So I used my Nikon D500 today and noticed when I got home to review the pictures, that the pictures seem to have a square grid effect almost like a pixelated look when zoomed in but even at a crop of 20% it is noticeable. Does anybody have any ideas on what’s going on? My Nikon D3300 doesn’t do this.

Thanks

Untitled.png

This is one of the photos its not a great photo but if you zoom in slightly you can see the square grid effect around the rocks behind the bird and around the top of the birds head.

Yes I see them, are you shooting large or small res or raw, if raw and you are viewing without converting to jpeg the image does look odd like this on a computer screen, and in a standard imave viewer app until you have processed and converted it

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply, I’m shooting in raw large, and last night I realised that when I import the photo into power director and do nothing to it but save it back to files, when I go back into files to view the image the image seems absolutely fine and has no lines at all and the image is saved as peng. So basically once the image has gone to power director and back to my files after having nothing done to the image it comes back completely fine. However the raw image in my files seem to have these lines in them. I’ve viewed other raw images from my Nikon D3300 straight from the memory card and they don’t seem to have any issues with the image so I wonder why the raw files from my D500 have this problem yet the raw files from my D3300 are fine.

I’ve just shot some jpeg images straight from the camera and then put them from the memory card onto the files and with the zoom in slider that’s available in the files I cropped in and still noticed the lines even with a jpeg image. However again I took the JPEG image and put it into photo director without doing anything to the image and saved it back to the files and it’s fine again.

Hi, I bought a D500 the other day, just in case I might need its high AF performance. (I also have a D850.) Typical NIKON experience: unbox it, set it up, take pics. Enjoy it. No problems.

Currently, it sits on my dining-room table to take bird pics :

DSC_0025-d500-n70-c.jpg

DSC_0038-d500-n70-c.jpg

DSC_0041-d500-n70c.jpg

DSC_0050-d500-n70c.jpg

Back