Nikon D5200 vs D90 - Speed...

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I own a D5200, but recently bought a Nikon D90 as I wanted an 18-105 lens which it was bundled with.

I am actually preferred the D90 as I find it much quicker to focus in low light. Body is heavy, but has a lovely feel

I had intended to sell the D90 body with 18-55 lens but I am finding I prefer the photos from the D90...

Has anyone else found the same?

Little confused.com

Thanks

Barry

I liked the colours from the D90 when I had one. It was a very nice camera but I'd rather have the 24mp of the far newer D5200, even if the controls aren't as good. I believe the D7000 series replaced the D90

I like the colours from D90 as well. I did not want to mention this as I thought it was my photographic skills!

The D90 seems to hunt less in difficult situations.....

Been eyeing D7000 and D7100 prices today..... I have the bug now!

I like the colours from D90 as well. I did not want to mention this as I thought it was my photographic skills!

The D90 seems to hunt less in difficult situations.....

Been eyeing D7000 and D7100 prices today..... I have the bug now!

D7100 will out do the D90 on all counts, I have previously owned a D90 and D300, now have the D7100 as a second body and D7200 as my main camera

I think the D90 is modern enough in terms of features and IQ that I'd quite happily choose one over a new smaller body. I just find D3xxx's and D5xxx's too fiddly to adjust settings on the fly. The 24mp sensors are amazing, I admit but the D90's is pretty decent too and more than enough for most circumstances.

Bloody good camera the D90. I know the sensor is old now but that doesn't make it a bad camera and it is fine for most situations. Low light performance not great by current standards but not bad, easy access controls, good ergonomics, all round good performer. Given the rate that Nikon updates its' models now it is worth remembering how long the D90 was in production for, it was definitely doing something right!

I think the D90 is modern enough in terms of features and IQ that I'd quite happily choose one over a new smaller body. I just find D3xxx's and D5xxx's too fiddly to adjust settings on the fly. The 24mp sensors are amazing, I admit but the D90's is pretty decent too and more than enough for most circumstances.

The D90 was great, but find going back to one now difficult as we're spoilt by the dynamic range and low noise of more modern cameras. You also have a lot of freedom to crop on more modern cameras, this is good if you want to change aspect ratios and still have high resolution files for print. Having said that, I was very pleased with uncropped A3 prints from this camera. The D7100/7200 would be the natural choice to step up

Im still loving the D90!!

Would a Panasonic FZ1000 be a good upgrade ? Reasons are

• This is more in my price range
  • I get the extra zoom range.
  • have a bad back, so the extra lens are uncomfortable to carry

or hold my horses and wait for a D7100 in my budget?

Thanks again

Back