Nikon D5300 Question .... Any Nikon fan

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Right so Ive only owned Nikons and bison the D750 before was the D5200and never came across this.......

A friends been badgering me to take humour and show him the little bits I know which isn't a lot but more than him!!

So last minuet we went up to Newcastle for an hour just for me to point some basics out!!
So he's using his D5300 in Manual mode, 30 sec, f11 enters live view to check the focus exits live view and it's reset the shutter speed to 1/50 ...... Wtf

My d750 nor my d5200 done this I had a quick look in the settings but couldn't see anything

Any tips

writting? :)

Your friend has probably rotated the rear dial (which changes the shutter setting) when moving the live view switch back to the off position. He would most likely use his index finger to move the live view switch and rested his thumb on the dial.

writting? :)

Your friend has probably rotated the rear dial (which changes the shutter setting) when moving the live view switch back to the off position. He would most likely use his index finger to move the live view switch and rested his thumb on the dial.

Nope not that I tried and tried and could understand what it was doing! Even if you hold the camera and the only thing you touch is the live view switch it still does it and no matter what shutter speed your on it always reverts to 1/50

I have the 5200 and it behaves normally!
I'd suggest not using live view :)
In the mean time, try a soft reset by pressing the two green buttons or do a factory reset by the menu - see if that works.
Next step would be a firmware update through the Nikon site.

Last edited:
Back