!nikon d60 HELP!

Name
eloisa
Edit My Images
Yes
I need some advie (help) whatever!
Ok. I'm going to have my first gig at a dance club in hollywood.
I'm thinking I'm doing free roaming.

Here's the problem.
I'm not sure what lens or flahs I should use for this.
I wanna stcik with one of each

What's lens should I use?
What flash?
Please! Anything will do!
Thanks!!!!!

Nikon sb600 would be a good starting point, whats the light like in the club? what sort of shots will you be going for?.

The 18-55 is alright but even with a flash id rather have 2.8 something like a tamron 17-50 if im up close, however if you cannot get close you would need something like a 70-200, another problem with the 18-55 is its af isnt exactly brilliant.

I would suggest a decent low light lens but you could do with an AFS due to you having the D60 so AFS 50mm f1.4 G or AFS 35mm f1.8

So I should get a 55 to 200?
Wide angle wouldn't do good or macro?
Best bet is I go for the sb flash then?
Thannnnnks!

I would suggest a decent low light lens but you could do with an AFS due to you having the D60 so AFS 50mm f1.4 G or AFS 35mm f1.8

most importantly whats your budget?

Two very good feedbacks ... if you are on a very very tight budget then think of the 50mm f/1.8 .. new are just over £100, and 2nd-hand are much less than £100.

Otherwise, if your budget stretches and you want a good fast zoom then the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 is a very good option too. I think there is one in the For Sale sub-forum right now?!

Two very good feedbacks ... if you are on a very very tight budget then think of the 50mm f/1.8 .. new are just over £100, and 2nd-hand are much less than £100.

The D60 has no AF motor so the 50mm f1.8 will not auto focus.

The D60 has no AF motor so the 50mm f1.8 will not auto focus.

Very true (y) and thank you for bringing that matter up; which then begs the question .. what's wrong with manual focus, unless the OP is not comfortable with that :shrug:?

Since the OP didn't mention what price range ... we're only making to what may be a good option for low-light.

Personally, my most favourite of all time lens is the Voigtlander 58 f/1.4 .. it's 100% manual focus, but the colours, sharpness, bokeh just kicks deriers big time. It's one sexy lens, if lens can be deemed sexy :p

Have you tried manual focussing an AF lens on a modern SLR in low light?

alright alright!!!
thank you guys sooo much for the suggestion
id would perfer not too use manual focus
i want auto! aka the easy way.
my budget is about 300 to 400...
for club night dance seetings...thanks
anything helps

You can get a Nikkor (Nikon) 50mm f1.4 AF-S or Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM for that. Both are great bits of kit and both will auto focus on your camera. Of if you would like a shorter lens a Nikkor (Nikon) 35mm f1.8 AF-S or Sigma 30mm f1.4 HSM will work well.

Back