Nikon D60 with live view!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
That's what a salesman told me today in Jessop's, I kid you not! As I said here, I bought a 1000D today. I was browsing in a local Jessop's & I had a chat with a salesman, when I mentioned that I fancied a camera with live view. He told me that the Nikon D60 had it. When I told him that it didn't, he looked at me as though I was a complete fruitcake. He went to check with another staff member, who put him right by telling him that the D90 had it.

I am pleased that I had done some research before I chose a camera, I would have still been searching for the live view now! He then tried to sell me a new Nikon D40X package, for £399. It had the kit lens, a 55-200 nikon lens (non vr) & a set of binoculars. Again, I knew that this camera did not have live view, so I decided to make an exit. Had this chap been a bit more clued up & responsive to my request, I may have bought the 1000D from there. Needless to say, after this he lost the sale!

Lulz what a numpty that guy in the shop was, How was he hired? >.>

Erm, omg your from Durham? Me to haha I live in Coxhoe. Im through durham tomorrow shooting with a mate, see if I can get some good ones of the river ect :)

I think theres just the one, but did you go to the Jessops over from HMV?

I went there the other day for a gorilla pod, he said "Yeah we have them in" then he went to the shelf to get one "oh wait, no we dont" I was like "/FACEPALM NUB!" /annoyed face - "K,Bye" and I went off and spent the money elsewhere lol.

Nice to see someone else from durham man :)

EDIT: Btw the photography shop thats family ran in milburn gate shopping center in durham is very good, the guy knows his stuff and has stuff much cheaper than jessops :)

I went to Sunderland to browse the camera shops before I made my choice. I must admit, I was somewhat surprised at the salesman as I have spoke to him before & he sold me my Canon Ixus a couple of years ago. Up to yesterday, I always thought he knew his stuff. Maybe it was the shock of me telling him that I was actually going to buy rather than browse that set him off!

I am aware of the family run shop in Durham Milburngate shopping centre, I bought my kit & equipment from their Sunderland branch. They were very patient with me & had loads of time for my queries & daft questions.

Good luck with your Durham shoot, I may get down there myself when I get used to my camera & the weather warms up!

Nikon D60 with live view!

No Liveview is one of the best features of the D60. I love that this little point and shoot on steroids - ironically - doesn't have this "point and shoot brigade" feature which is even on the so-called Pro line :)

Unfortunately the forthcoming 12 megapixel replacement will have this "feature" :(

you sure about the 55-200mm not having `VR` i bought the very same package and it had `VR` on it. otherwise i would not have bought it.

you sure about the 55-200mm not having `VR` i bought the very same package and it had `VR` on it. otherwise i would not have bought it.

Yes, it was definitely the non vr 55-200 lens, this one, in the package which is on sale at the Sunderland branch.

There are two versions of this lens available, the non vr version and the vr version, this one.

The salesman did tell me that this package was the last one that they had. As the D40x has been out of production for a while now, the package was probably just put together in the shop as a job lot.

Back