Nikon D70 Exposure Problem

-Rob-

Say Cheese!...Oh, and call me Susan
Edit My Images
No
I've noticed recently that when I take a RAW photo with my Nikon D70 then open the file in Adobe Bridge it automatically shows as having +1.5 exposure so it is showing as over exposed.

I've looked through all the settings I can think of on the camera to try and remove this exposure compensation but it's still there. I don't get it with the photos I take with my D300 so I'm assuming it's the camera rather than the Bridge software.

I generally use my camera in Aperture Priority and don't bother with any (deliberate) exposure compensation as I do that in PP. If I press the exposure compensation button it says it is at zero so why when I put the file on the computer is it at +1.5?

Is there a setting hidden deep in the menus somewhere or is there something stupid I am doing wrong?

I've noticed recently that when I take a RAW photo with my Nikon D70 then open the file in Adobe Bridge it automatically shows as having +1.5 exposure so it is showing as over exposed.

I've looked through all the settings I can think of on the camera to try and remove this exposure compensation but it's still there. I don't get it with the photos I take with my D300 so I'm assuming it's the camera rather than the Bridge software.

I generally use my camera in Aperture Priority and don't bother with any (deliberate) exposure compensation as I do that in PP. If I press the exposure compensation button it says it is at zero so why when I put the file on the computer is it at +1.5?

Is there a setting hidden deep in the menus somewhere or is there something stupid I am doing wrong?

I think there is a menu setting for permanent exposure correction deep inside somewhere b6 on a D300 'Fine Tune Optimal Exposure' check your D70 manual.

hmm, on the D70s [which I believe has pretty much the same menu] camera settings menu [the pencil tab] exposure compensation can be turned on or off on menu item number 10, but not sure if that would make any difference if the actual adjustment wasn't used, as in, its set to +/- 0 :shrug: Cant see anything else...what about flash exposure, that isn't adjusted by that amount is it?

You could try resetting any Bridge defaults just to make sure as I pressume they are not showing as over-exposed when viewed on cameras LCD screen? :thinking:

Back