Nikon D700

Name
Pat MacInnes
Edit My Images
Yes
I must have been under a rock somewhere for the last godknows how long! Just opened up my e-mails this morning and there on the screen is a big old mail from Warehouse Express saying that I can soon get my hands on the new Nikon D700 full-frame DSLR!!!

Am I the only person not have know about this? I haven’t seen much in the magazines over the past few months, not even conjecture from the journos who write them. Mind you, I suppose Nikon has been playing its cards close to its chest to keep the nosey parkers at Canon still wondering.

I’m gutted because I’m still paying for my D200 (which I do love to bits) but it’s not the ‘prosumer’ FX model I thought would be, well, at least price-wise. £1,999 is a lot of cash. I know it will drop on the next 6 months, as the D300 did, but still, It’s very close in price to what the D3 is – here’s about £500/£600 in it if I remember rightly.

I’m keen to see who Canon will be countering this, especially as it’s been playing down the development of a EOS 5D Mk2 or equivalent.

Anyone who still hasn't seen it, click here

I feel sad now. I want £1,999 to magically appear in my wallet and I want someone to tell me that the D200 I’m still paying for is now a modern classic and that I will be Knighted for owning one!! :)

Oh well, I'm only 17 days late on that one... that's pretty good for me!! :)

Next time I'm going for less than two weeks :) :)

If you searched the archives, there are a million threads on the D700 :p
Third of a million on the rumours, which started months ago,
third of a million on it coming out,
third of a million on D300/D700/D3 comparisons and people crying for being "duped" for not waiting for D700 (different camera different uses).

Im afraid you are in fact literally the last person in the entire planet to know ;)
In fact, rumour has it, Nikon has spent a lot of time and effort keeping this secret from you, and they are angry/upset/disappointed that you know now :(

Oh well, I'm only 17 days late on that one... that's pretty good for me!! :)

Next time I'm going for less than two weeks :) :)

I wouldn't cut my holiday on the off chance Nikon might release a new body, I mean fan boys are one thing but that's just one step too far....:p

Back