Nikon D7100 card speed - Get a faster card NOW....

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Following on from a review of card speeds, my wife had mentioned to me that shooting in RAW was really crap on her D7100.
She was using a 32Gb 40mb write speed card.

So bought her a new Lexar Pro 1000 64Gb for £27!!!!!! & it has TRANSFORMED it.....
No longer is she limited to 7 - 8 frames.
The difference is remarkable just by changing a card...

How up to date is that link as can see SD cards on Amazon now that state 280mbs?

How up to date is that link as can see SD cards on Amazon now that state 280mbs?
On the link it says 'Updated March 9, 2014' so that gives you an idea of how up to date it is. You also have to factor in the camera at some point will also limit the write speed so it's likely you wouldn't get the full 250mb/s write speed of those 280mb/s SD cards. A good example is the same 95mb/s sandisk SD card on a D800 can only write at 38.7mb/s yet at 69.8mb/s on a D7100.

So the link is almost 2 years out of date which is quite a lot for tech stuff right?. Either way I don't think the D7100 supports UHS11 which in itself will limit it a lot.

So the link is almost 2 years out of date which is quite a lot for tech stuff right?. Either way I don't think the D7100 supports UHS11 which in itself will limit it a lot.
Most of the memory cards are still available and until recently the some of the fastest. I doubt they are going to back test the new faster memory's cards against cameras that came out 3-5yrs ago. If you can find a more update to date version it would be useful but I haven't found anything. It's likely the newer cards will tested on the D500 when it's out. I still think it's relevant when the OP was talking about memory cards that are on the list even if it hasn't been updated for a while. It gives people an idea of how faster cards can improve transfer speeds on the D7100.

Last edited:
I still think it's relevant when the OP was talking about memory cards that are on the list even if it hasn't been updated for a while. It gives people an idea of how faster cards can improve transfer speeds on the D7100.

& that was the whole point..

For £27 it was the absolute best upgrade possible...

The camera is night & day different..

most cameras fall short of the cards write speed by a big factor anyways

Can't see it being two years out as they tested the D7200. I actually bought two of these Kingston cards based on their findings here, best price/speed ratio and 32gigs per card will do me nicely.;)

Last edited:
Can't see it being two years out as they tested the D7200. I actually bought two of these Kingston cards based on their findings here, best price/speed ratio and 32gigs per card will do me nicely.;)
It definitely says updated 9th March 2014 at the top of the page on the D7100. Im sure they test each camera close to the release date.I'm not sure when the SanDisk 94mb/s SD cards were released though. It's still a good source of information make best price v speed performance comparisons rather than guessing. There doesn't sure to be many SD cards they didn't test with the d7100.

Last edited:

Thank you. I have just ordered two for my new D7100. :D I will let you know how I get on with it and even run some tests of before and after I get some time. :)

Thank you. I have just ordered two for my new D7100. :D I will let you know how I get on with it and even run some tests of before and after I get some time. :)
£15 each ????? delivered cannot go wrong ;)

Prepare to be astonished especially if you shoot in RAW....

just bought 2 myself, worth a punt :)

Back