Nikon D7100 First Results: Testing In The Mach Loop

Name
Lloyd Horgan
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently purchased a Nikon D7100, absolutely blown away by the camera.

I've written a more in-depth post here:

A few images from the Mach Loop that have been taken with the D7100, back in March on the Bwlch exit and some from two weeks ago including the 12(B) commemorative tails last flight before RTP.

1. Wave from the WSO
9 Squadron Tornado GR4 'Fang2' by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

9 Squadron Tornado GR4 'Fang2' by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

12(B) Squadron Commemorative Tail Tornado GR4 by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Super shots, the D7100 is obviously working for you :)

#2 is really special. The power and the menace. The two ER tanks half in-shot give sense of purpose. Muted, matt tones and lack of glossy sun-sparkle give it a sombre feel compared to the others.

(#1 is novel, but kind-of too clever and cutesy - war planes and friendly waves don't go together)

#2 is an absolute belter.

Awesome set, love them all esp 2 and 12. They are really pin sharp. Great work, can't fault any of them

Superb shots absolutely love them and makes me want to get to the loop even more !

Thanks everyone! :)

These were shot with a Nikkor 300 F2.8 but I usually use a Nikkor 300mm F4 AF-S :)

Do you find much difference in the image quality between those two lenses? (on the D7100) I'm thinking of getting the F4 300mm and would appreciate the info.

Great images by the way, I'm tempted to have a day out there myself.

what a enjoyable set to look at!! very sharp and makes me even more wish to pull the trigger and buy the D7100 (although i doubt i will get photos like those)

Do you find much difference in the image quality between those two lenses? (on the D7100) I'm thinking of getting the F4 300mm and would appreciate the info.

Great images by the way, I'm tempted to have a day out there myself.

Tough to say to be honest, maybe marginally but not enough (for me at least) to warrant the extra cash. Numbers 8, 9 & 10 were all taken with my 300mm F4 AF-S.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to comment, its very kind!

Back