Nikon d750 connecting to wifi

Name
David Bayley
Edit My Images
Yes
Does any one have a work around for connecting the nikon d750 to a smart phone to down load pictures?

Standard feature surely.

Just download the Nikon app to your device.

Dougie.

not a work around, but using it as intended works. Use the D750m to create a WiFi network. Connect your smartphone to it & then use the app

I find it VERY hard to do this. ( I just tried it. Turn wifi on in camera; open WMU on iPhone; [make sure there's a jpeg copy of the photo as it won't download RAW apparently]; flip back and forth on the phone numerous times cursing under your breath and maybe it will eventually transfer.) Consequently, I don't do it very frequently. It's easier just to go home and download to the computer and airdrop selected photos to my phone.

I find it VERY hard to do this. ( I just tried it. Turn wifi on in camera; open WMU on iPhone; [make sure there's a jpeg copy of the photo as it won't download RAW apparently]; flip back and forth on the phone numerous times cursing under your breath and maybe it will eventually transfer.) Consequently, I don't do it very frequently. It's easier just to go home and download to the computer and airdrop selected photos to my phone.

Once wifi is enabled on the camera, you need to connect to the camera wifi network before you open the app.

Are you doing this ?

Dougie.

No workaround, just follow the instructions.

Turn the WiFi on the D750
Head to the WiFi settings on your phone/tablet
Join the Nikon WiFi as you would with ordinary WiFi
Once connected, open the WMU app and choose what you want to do.

If you select a single picture you have the option to download at original (full res size) or if selecting multiple it’ll download them in a lower res. It works just fine with RAW files too.

I have turned on the WiFi on the camera, then I search for the camera in the phone. Once selected it has a little think about it then it says internet is not available?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181108-064406_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181108-064406_Settings.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20181108-064412_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181108-064412_Settings.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 15
That’s correct, the internet won’t be available because the D750 has no way of connecting to the internet to act as a router, it’s just acting as the WiFi hotspot. When you’ve got this far, go and try the WMU app on your phone :)

Thank you so much Andy, The wmu app works like a charm.

Back