Nikon D750 & D780

It was my error - mixed up the record (ISO) button with the metering - accidentally put it in highlight priority. It's great the recovery. I'll still keep the d800....for now[emoji6]

Changing focus modes on the D750 couldn't be easier - hold the side focus button and turn front / rear diles. You can't expect to know this though without reading the instructions. I wouldn't expect to pick up a d5500 and know how to find the focus modes - it's a completely different camera tbf

It's just user error. I used D3200 once and nearly threw it through the window as i didn't know how to use it properly.
Agreed, my friend has one and wanted me to show them how to use it, it was like the chuffin krypton factor ;)

Replacement D750 arrives tomorrow, only had it for 14 days but missed it whilst it's getting replaced.....

I think it's a case of what you are used to. I started with a d7000 so the d750 menus and layout was easy to understand. I doubt I would be able to pick up a d3xxx or d5xxx series camera and know how to use it straight away (the single scroll wheel would cause enough confusion). I think you would get used to the d750 after using it for a while.

I do. A D7000. If i had the cash I'd go for a D7200 though instead just so they were of a similar age.

Basically I've been looking for something that will give me a little more reach (hence the APS-C), I did look at the D7000 as I had one before but used the D7100 seems almost a steal..

I bought the D7k because I've had one before too. Also had a D7100 before too but never noticed a massive amount of difference between the two tbh. I paid £220 for my D7k. I do think about selling it and adding the rest to it to get a D7200 but the D750 is my main system so not much point for me atm. It stays in my bag as a spare ot my daughter uses it if we go places.

I bought the D7k because I've had one before too. Also had a D7100 before too but never noticed a massive amount of difference between the two tbh. I paid £220 for my D7k. I do think about selling it and adding the rest to it to get a D7200 but the D750 is my main system so not much point for me atm. It stays in my bag as a spare ot my daughter uses it if we go places.

That's probably what I'd end up doing with it too if I'm honest, a D7000 might be a better value bet for me just now!
My D750 is out for delivery today (was expecting it Monday) and I'm not in :(

I enjoyed my D7000 more than my D7100 tbh which also played a part in my decision. I needed a back up for a wedding I'm covering in November so £220 was about as much as i was willing to spend on it. My 7 year old uses it if we go out for sunrise/sunset which it is plenty good enough. If you need more convincing then just check the D7k Flickr groups.

Picking up a second hand 50mm 1.8G later, will be nice to have a lighter walkabout prime :)

@JJ! selling the 70-300 again!? :exit::ROFLMAO:

I have had like 3 now... I keep going back to one then never using it... plus I have some bills I need to clear pre-Christmas!

Panamoz dispatched my replacement yesterday morning from Hong Kong and I got it today at lunchtime. That's a quick delivery from HK to Cornwall :)

Obviously the ideal accompaniment to a D750 is another D750.... but I wondered if anyone has an APS-C backup?

I have a D7100 that I kept when I bought the D750. The fact that it had no liveview exposure preview (was on the older D7000 model which died on me) made me go for the D750 as I shoot a lot at night and also it's other low light / dark capabilities are much better.

Another one for GGS Larmor. About a tenner on flee bay. You can hardly tell it's on and it is pretty much scratch resistant

Anybody using a rear screen protector? If so which one?

Got mine for some place in Germany. 24hour protection films or something like that. Comes with protector for top screen too. Wouldn't even know its on

Got mine for some place in Germany. 24hour protection films or something like that. Comes with protector for top screen too. Wouldn't even know its on
Me too.

Can't seem to find on Google, any chance of reconfirming the name [emoji106]

Just ordered mine from Amazon.

Another vote for GGS Larmor. +3

Just a note on the GGS and where to buy from. I find them excellent and been using them for a several years, but on my last D750 the corner started to lift on one side after about 4 months use. I contacted Amazon who sent me a replacement FOC, which isn't usually the case, as they are supplied by a third party seller (Amazon seller, 2012 street.). Only one duff one after using about 12 of them previously, just though I'd mention it. Not sure if you get the same service elsewhere?

Last edited:
How is the fitting for the top screen? I see from the pictures that there are 2 different protecters.

How is the fitting for the top screen? I see from the pictures that there are 2 different protecters.

They are self adhesive and fit very nice to the top screen if using the GGS. Can't tell they're there when fitted.

Back