Nikon D750 & D780

I quite agree - but my iPad was the only thing connected to the outside world. Yep - kind of a separate drive but the option was to copy the whole 'drive' - It was so frustrating snerk, it was no files or EVERYTHING! (And the owner of the iMac didn't want all my photos on their computer - about 7GB's worth!

In the end I remembered, in my camera bag, I had a lightning to SD card reader and the iMac had an SD slot so we did it that way.... couldn't believe how much an integrated Suite of Products could be so disparate!
Don't you just love technology ;)

Lovely. looks like the Dark Knight left his capes hanging there

Selling my D5000 and getting a D750 has had the inevitable effect of me now looking at my current lenses. They are all FX lenses except the 18-55 D5000 kit lens so I am looking to replace this with something similar but FX and maybe a bit wider. The budget is at the lower end of the scale (less than £500). Any suggestions or should I wait until funds allow a better budget?

Selling my D5000 and getting a D750 has had the inevitable effect of me now looking at my current lenses. They are all FX lenses except the 18-55 D5000 kit lens so I am looking to replace this with something similar but FX and maybe a bit wider. The budget is at the lower end of the scale (less than £500). Any suggestions or should I wait until funds allow a better budget?

24-120 is a great walk about (lazy) lens, and used/grey is well within budget. 24mm on FF is pretty damn wide, although sometimes I hanker for wider like the 18-35 but it would only get limited use.

Have to agree, I think for your budget the 24-120 f4 is a no brainer, it's a very nice lens & I was pleasantly surprised with mine.

24-120 is a great walk about (lazy) lens, and used/grey is well within budget. 24mm on FF is pretty damn wide, although sometimes I hanker for wider like the 18-35 but it would only get limited use.

Totally agree.
An alternative to the 18-35 is the Tokina/Cosina/Tamron 19-35.
I picked up a Cosina with a little fungus on it for £40 on ebay (and managed to clean off the fungus simply by unscrewing the front element and cleaning it !) and for occasional use it has to be worth looking for. There is a Tamron one for sale on here which is a superior version as the front element doesn't rotate for £90 I think, and had I not been able to clean mine I would have bought it.

Eeeek!!!

My D750 locked up on me this afternoon after nearly three hours, 200+ shots and one battery change. Wouldn't focus, wouldn't fire. Top screen didn't go off when I tried the switch off switch back on trick. Took battery out and replaced and all was fine. Except the picture review didn't work. Off, on. Back to normal. :thinking:

I'm blaming the transition from cold to warm two or three times during the afternoon for a battery compartment condensation problem. I hope...

Eeeek!!!

My D750 locked up on me this afternoon after nearly three hours, 200+ shots and one battery change. Wouldn't focus, wouldn't fire. Top screen didn't go off when I tried the switch off switch back on trick. Took battery out and replaced and all was fine. Except the picture review didn't work. Off, on. Back to normal. :thinking:

I'm blaming the transition from cold to warm two or three times during the afternoon for a battery compartment condensation problem. I hope...
You're not the only one to experience this. As far as I'm aware Nikon are not acknowledging the issue and suggest it's a card issue.

You're not the only one to experience this. As far as I'm aware Nikon are not acknowledging the issue and suggest it's a card issue.
Ta. First time it's happened, but the same card I've been using since I bought the camera.

Have to agree, I think for your budget the 24-120 f4 is a no brainer, it's a very nice lens & I was pleasantly surprised with mine.

Totally agree.
An alternative to the 18-35 is the Tokina/Cosina/Tamron 19-35.
I picked up a Cosina with a little fungus on it for £40 on ebay (and managed to clean off the fungus simply by unscrewing the front element and cleaning it !) and for occasional use it has to be worth looking for. There is a Tamron one for sale on here which is a superior version as the front element doesn't rotate for £90 I think, and had I not been able to clean mine I would have bought it.

Thanks for the replies.

I already have a Tamron 90mm macro and a Tamron 70-300 so there is a fair bit of overlap with a 24-120 but it has an ideal focal length range for the majority of my shots. Thanks for the heads up on the 19-35 too - I would like to add wider angle lens to the collection :)

This is what I was photographing when the camera played up. A chicken show in a shed, dimly lit with horrible strip lights. But the chickens never fail to amuse.:)

ISO 8000

Had a brief window of opportunity myself with the weather .... went out and found a Rugby match.

22842427002_5dbceb0d7f_b.jpg
B50_0456 by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Great pics here with the 85mm - I wonder how many have really no AF fine tune adjustment - mine is mostly +6 . What have others found ?

I have yet to work out how or why to adjust the AF so guess mine is ok - any OOF shots I have blamed on me being fairly rubbish, but hey, maybe I have an excuse now..!

Easiest/cheapest way to fine tune your lenses?

DOT Tune method, free and pretty good

Something to support the camera.

SOL_0615.jpg

I just take several shots (spray and pray ) don't think any of my lenses have been "tuned" might look into it but can't say I've noticed I've ever needed to tune them

Had my first slight disappointment with the D750 yesterday when it seemed the Auto ISO didn't kick in as such. There were heavy winds and rain down here yesterday morning and as they were easing slightly I noticed a Red Kite close to the house as we were having our morning cuppa. Got the camera and dialed in some +EC checked ISO and it was on auto ISO 6400 max so fired some shots off and the camera mainly used ISO 560 -720 causing under exposure. These are normal settings for me, for BIF photogrpahy and have been for the last year of owning the camera, so not sure what happened?

Anyway, with some pushing of the sliders I managed to get something out of the photos as seen in photo 1, photo 2 added to show what the camera was seeing and it shows what detail can be pulled out of an image... Used the Tamron 70-300mm VC lens.

20151107-DSC_4267-2 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

20151107-DSC_4267 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

The legs of the stool will be used to make crutches for my beloved little 'un - Hey, Christmas is coming and I need to give her something !

My daughter was taking part in the remembrance parade this morning so i took the opportunity to snap a few shots of it. :)

All with the 85mm f1.8.

Remembrance Parade - Kirkby in Ashfield
by David Raynham, on Flickr

From the hip

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig crop... Sharpy sharp sharp

Blowing his own erm.... erm.... French Horn?

Great set of images m8 @minnnt , #4 and the last three are right on the money in my book.(y)

George.

Back