Nikon D750 & D780

^ yes, i basically just meant the layout / buttons etc. I use af-on but ALSO like to use the ae lock button as a toggle for exposure lock. Having to use the ae/af button for back button focus and then having to go back to the half press / hold of the shutter to lock exposure on the d750 would be different obviously to the way i'm used to things on the d810. I'm concerned that not having that continuity might be a problem

No difference, other than it is a faff, and if I set up my D700, it can be dedicated for that task, and shot instantly, without thinking.
Knowing me, I would forget to set something on the D750, and carry on shooting without noticing.
Couldn't you put that setting in one of the custom settings like you do with the D700 menu bank?

Had a mess around using extension tubes on that (unloved) 85/1.8 of mine this afternoon. Seems to work okay.:)

_7510365.jpg

I like that...
Considering I have 3 macro lenses, and shoot quite a lot of macro stuff, I've never tried extension tubes(although I do use an achromat lens) . What were they for this image?.

No difference, other than it is a faff, and if I set up my D700, it can be dedicated for that task, and shot instantly, without thinking.
Knowing me, I would forget to set something on the D750, and carry on shooting without noticing.
Sounds more like a familiarity thing than anything else. Custom settings are much easier to get to on the D750 IMO, just a turn of the mode dial.

Last edited:
I like that...
Considering I have 3 macro lenses, and shoot quite a lot of macro stuff, I've never tried extension tubes(although I do use an achromat lens) . What were they for this image?.
The tubes are Kenko DG - fully coupled. I think I used the 36mm, but it might have been the 20mm. I was just messing about so didn't take notes.

Lens was set to f6.3 and I used a flash with diffuser dome off camera on a short table stand.

I like that...

I got some of the really cheap extension tubes from Amazon, no AF, but I use MF when using my macro anyway, Think they were about £6 from Amazon so worth a punt just to have a play around with,

I have a set but the dof is so shallow using them that I find it a bit of an effort to set it up and use them

I got some of the really cheap extension tubes from Amazon, no AF, but I use MF when using my macro anyway, Think they were about £6 from Amazon so worth a punt just to have a play around with,
Thanks Andy, I'll have a look around on Amazon (y)

I have a set but the dof is so shallow using them that I find it a bit of an effort to set it up and use them
I do use an achromat on my 55mm macro lens, it increases magnification, and yes the depth of field is very shallow, but I also use a slider rail which helps

Sounds more like a familiarity thing than anything else. Custom settings are much easier to get to on the D750 IMO, just a turn of the mode dial.

Very true, I am still very new to the 750, and still getting used to it.
I've only just started playing with the U1 & U2 settings, not sure how I'll set them up yet.
Definitely getting some NDs though !

Not getting any time or opportunity to shoot. Last weekend my daughter's friend came with her parents and I managed to grab a couple of casual shots indoors. Kids are difficult to shoot when you have more than one as they are never still and always running around.

Ashmi
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Anwita
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Anyone ever lost their DK21 rubber eyecup?

Mine has suddenly gone on a walkabout. I've noticed a few times that it's started to slide off but this time it's clearly gone all the way.

About a million times can pick up very cheap copies on eBay.The cheap ones and the official ones are very loose on the D750 I found adding a small sliver of tape keeps it in nice and tight

Anyone ever lost their DK21 rubber eyecup?

Mine has suddenly gone on a walkabout. I've noticed a few times that it's started to slide off but this time it's clearly gone all the way.

Within a month of getting it, never bothered replacing it.

Any one else get a crappy twister usb sent from N.P.S this morning. Must be cut backs at least the diary they used to send was a little bit classy this doesn't even have a logo just a plain cheap usb.

Reactions: dkh
I think I'm going to try the round eyepiece replacement that Snerkler posted a few days ago, the standard one is pants!
What's that? Missed that post perhaps.

@snerkler : hope you don't mind sharing again as I am keen to consider a round eye piece as well

What's that? Missed that post perhaps.

@snerkler : hope you don't mind sharing again as I am keen to consider a round eye piece as well

I think from what I read it's these 3 things:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00007EDYD?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005NPWA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000JLM3PA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Hopefully some-one will correct me if it's wrong?

I like the idea, but it looks like the square part still only slips on.
So, if it slips off, you will lose all 3 bits?
I wonder if a small dot of glue would help prevent loss.

If you glued it how would to fit the cover when using live view?

Thanks. Anyone here using this setup and how easy is it to sort out the whole thing? any downsides?
Yes had it on mine for a while, if you know how to screw things onto a thread you'll be fine ;) Only downsides is that it sticks out further so you can 'catch it' putting it in and out of a bag, and it can interfere with the flippy screen a bit. However, the last bit isn't really an issue as the rubber bit can fold back on itself so it doesn't stick out. Actually you can do this when putting it in a bag too. I can post a pic later if you don't get what I mean ;)

It's a lot more of a snug fit so needs more force to slide it on/off so not had an issue myself. YMMV

Have you guys seen this?

Hoodman Eyepiece - Matt Garnger and few other togs love it. Downside - it covers a part of the LCD
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hoodman-Hoo...qid=1455808605&sr=1-3&keywords=hoodman+eyecup
Yep, don't like them. Was a weird fit for me, but again YMMV

If you glued it how would to fit the cover when using live view?
Does anyone use this? I think mine's still in the box :oops: :$

New boy here :wave:

So the 85mm 1.8g has arrived. The D750 & Tamron 24-70 are coming tomorrow... but I'm busy all weekend :(

Searching this thread for useful information is nigh on impossible.. anyone care to recommend a shoulder bag for a D750, say 3 lenses, flashgun & lightmeter? Something geared around taking to stuff to shoots rather than hiking or carrying the kit for long periods of time, but the ability to swap lenses with the bag on my shoulder would be a big plus. Looks are less important than practicality.

So the 85mm 1.8g has arrived. The D750 & Tamron 24-70 are coming tomorrow... but I'm busy all weekend :(

Searching this thread for useful information is nigh on impossible.. anyone care to recommend a shoulder bag for a D750, say 3 lenses, flashgun & lightmeter? Something geared around taking to stuff to shoots rather than hiking or carrying the kit for long periods of time, but the ability to swap lenses with the bag on my shoulder would be a big plus. Looks are less important than practicality.

Always happens like that mate ... New toys and too busy to use them.
Bag wise, I have one of these, and rate it (y)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Nova-200-AW-Shoulder/dp/B0016J1EIQ

:welcome:

Based on the positive reviews on here I've given the Peak Design Slide another shot. Still don't find it as comfortable as the Black Rapid on the shoulder but the lack of the camera movement/spinning around is much better. It sits much better having one attachment on the tripod mount rather than both on the strap lugs. If the bit that sits on your shoulder was more padded, or even curved like the BR I think it'd be spot on.

You suppose have one on the bracket at the bottom and one on the camera lug it fits brilliant for me

You suppose have one on the bracket at the bottom and one on the camera lug it fits brilliant for me
Can have it either or (y) Fit is good, but you can feel the strap on your shoulder. With the BR I barely know the shoulder strap is there unless I have a really heavy lens on.

Last edited:
Never really bothers me on my shoulders unless am too meaty lol

Can have it either or (y) Fit is good, but you can feel the strap on your shoulder. With the BR I barely know the shoulder strap is there unless I have a really heavy lens on.
You keeping it this time or?

I have one of the Tenba messenger bags, get on really well with that

You keeping it this time or?
Dunno yet ;) Love the ease of attaching/detaching and the fact the camera doesn't spin, but having an inflammatory muscular problem comfort is very important.

Back