Nikon D750 & D780

Are all nikon 24-120 lens hoods loose or is it just mine, just have to look at it and it turns a bit and get vignetting, thinking of putting a sliver of tape inside hood to tighten it up

Mine seems ok. Maybe yours is a little worn?

Reactions: nog
Which lens did you use?
70-200mm f2.8 VRII

Shutter speed too slow maybe? I was in London today with my daughter, and the light and meter were all over the place.
Doubt it, 1/1000 to 1/1600. Plus often it was in a series of shots. I've not put them on the computer yet to check out exactly how many, but I reckon probably about 5% or so. I think turning VR off helped.

Is there tele converter that will auto focus with a nikon 70-200 and also my sigma 150-600.

Went to Crosby beach yesterday, daughter is doing art A level and wanted some pics of the statues. Other project she is doing involves card board boxes wrapped in cloth, stacked and then wrapped in barb wire. Art eh. Did you know fake barb wire costs more than the real McCoy, even razor wire is cheaper than fake barb wire.
untitled-6-2.jpg by dyrnog, on Flickr

***CAMERA UPDATE***

Received a couple of emails today, pretty funny really.

8.46am...

Hi David

Really sorry I haven''t been back to you. They are still awaiting parts I'm afraid. I rang on Friday. I will check again today at some point.

Best regards

Gerard

And then at 10.17am

Hi
just to let you know the nikon camera is now repaired and ready for collection at your convenience
many thanks
Donna

So i range them at 3.58pm and rather amazingly it was answered this time! Spoke to the guy I've been dealing with after the rather rude and obnoxious lady and he said 'Oh yes, still no news I'm afraid' :rolleyes: So i explained that I'd received an email saying it was ready for collection and he rather embarrassingly ran off into the back and found it but yet he said he rang on Friday and there was no update from Nikon. I reckon it's been sat in the back for a fortnight and they've just been taking the p***. Really poor service imo. Too many lies and miscommunication for me to want to ever deal with them again or recommend them I'm afraid. Also asked them to get Nikon to sort the shutter recall and when i asked if it had been done he said 'I assume so' I don't think there is any mention of this being carried out on the paper work so I'm guessing it hasn't. How is best to check? Ring Nikon with the serial number perhaps?

Anyway, long story short, I'm going to fetch it tomorrow. Once I've thoroughly checked it with a lens and memory card.

***CAMERA UPDATE***

8.46am...

Hi David

Really sorry I haven''t been back to you. They are still awaiting parts I'm afraid. I rang on Friday. I will check again today at some point.

Best regards

Gerard

And then at 10.17am

Hi
just to let you know the nikon camera is now repaired and ready for collection at your convenience
many thanks
Donna

So i range them at 3.58pm and rather amazingly it was answered this time! Spoke to the guy I've been dealing with after the rather rude and obnoxious lady and he said 'Oh yes, still no news I'm afraid' :rolleyes: So i explained that I'd received an email saying it was ready for collection and he rather embarrassingly ran off into the back and found it but yet he said he rang on Friday and there was no update from Nikon. I reckon it's been sat in the back for a fortnight and they've just been taking the p***. Really poor service imo. Too many lies and miscommunication for me to want to ever deal with them again or recommend them I'm afraid. Also asked them to get Nikon to sort the shutter recall and when i asked if it had been done he said 'I assume so' I don't think there is any mention of this being carried out on the paper work so I'm guessing it hasn't. How is best to check? Ring Nikon with the serial number perhaps?

Anyway, long story short, I'm going to fetch it tomorrow. Once I've thoroughly checked it with a lens and memory card.

That really is s*** service!

***CAMERA UPDATE***

8.46am...

Hi David

Best regards

Gerard

And then at 10.17am

Hi
many thanks
Donna

Really really poor. Glad you're getting your camera back though. Just make sure you stay clear of Welshgasm in the future ;)

70-200mm f2.8 VRII

Doubt it, 1/1000 to 1/1600. Plus often it was in a series of shots. I've not put them on the computer yet to check out exactly how many, but I reckon probably about 5% or so. I think turning VR off helped.

I`m assuming you had it set to AF-C

Fixed it now, found its much better if its put on properly:oops: :$:)

Silly bugger ;) But saying that, I find it the worst hood to put on ...

Reactions: nog
Yeah the missus isn't too happy that I didn't have a go at them on the phone but I'm not sure what it would have achieved? Perhaps I should have done... As you say, just happy to get it back tbh. Fingers crossed it's all working as it should.

I`m assuming you had it set to AF-C
Lol yeah ;)

Been going through them today on the computer and I think I may have jumped the gun a bit, did that before too :oops: :$ Dunno why they looked so bad on the cameras LCD. I'd say there's less than 10 missed focus, and probably another 10 that aren't as sharp as I'd like, but that's from just over 1500 shots so not bad really :p

ARUK are going to have a fair few pics to choose from :oops: :$:LOL:

Lol yeah ;)

Been going through them today on the computer and I think I may have jumped the gun a bit, did that before too :oops: :$ Dunno why they looked so bad on the cameras LCD. I'd say there's less than 10 missed focus, and probably another 10 that aren't as sharp as I'd like, but that's from just over 1500 shots so not bad really :p

Well that`s pretty damn good in my book. I`d be happy with that ratio.

Yeah the missus isn't too happy that I didn't have a go at them on the phone but I'm not sure what it would have achieved? Perhaps I should have done... As you say, just happy to get it back tbh. Fingers crossed it's all working as it should.

As long as you don`t have a go at her ;) Maybe she wanted you to vent :D

Sent mine back for the second time - this time for the shutter issue that I understand shows in HSS. Sent it last Monday and it's arriving back tomorrow with a new shutter and a sensor clean. Be good if these issues didn't arise but the fast turn around is impressive all the same.

Yeah, just seemed more when I was checking them on the camera on the train journey home :oops: :$

Lol yeah ;)

"Jumped the gun",very funny Toby ;)

That's terrible service @minnnt
I've only ever dealt with Fixation personally, who have been excellent in every way.
Sorry this doesn't help you now, but if ever you need service/repairs in the future . . . .

Yeah I went with Lehmanns as they were closest and also the cheapest. Not so sodding cheap now eh?!

Hope they know they being named and shamed on here

20 images out 1500 is pretty good, only a 0.013% focus error!

Doubt it, 1/1000 to 1/1600. I think turning VR off helped.

Some say leaving VR on doesn't matter but I turn it off as it's looking to rectify movement that's not there at higher shutter speeds. It also drains batteries more and it takes a second or so to start working once you start focusing.

Yeah I went with Lehmanns as they were closest and also the cheapest. Not so sodding cheap now eh?!
There one of ones I hear people recommend on here too. I've used Fixation in the past and they did what they said they would, I dropped off one Friday and collected the following Friday. It was a lens service so they thankfully didn't need parts.

Really bad service David, but glad to know you are getting it back. I guess the communication went all wrong as Nikon got involved and your camera got trapped in the priority queue in Nikon and they kept these guys in the dark. Nevertheless, it is still their problem not yours. You should write an email to them as well as the Nikon GM as a feedback. If you need the GM's Email id, let me know. I had issues in the D600 replacement and wrote a letter to the GM and in three days got a new D610 as replacement.

Back