Nikon D750 & D780

Haha we live in a village and I tried messing about the other night and manged to get it looking like daylight. The only light source I could see was the house 200m away

Haha we live in a village and I tried messing about the other night and manged to get it looking like daylight. The only light source I could see was the house 200m away

That`s funny . It just goes to show what ambient light there is about and we don`t notice it.... Try ISO 3200/6400 for about 15 secs @ f1.8

I was at 6400 first of @ 2.8 at 30 secs.
Then got it down 3200 still @2.8 and 15 secs. Still bright. To be honest it was a rushed attempted. I will look into it further. But tend not to give up easy.

Had a look at the 200-500 today in Wilkinsons Cameras. Blimey, that's a chunky number! Seems a hell of a lens for the money. Also saw the Sigma Sport which looks beefy too. The front element is like my living room window!!

Had a look at the 200-500 today in Wilkinsons Cameras. Blimey, that's a chunky number! Seems a hell of a lens for the money. Also saw the Sigma Sport which looks beefy too. The front element is like my living room window!!
TBH I'm not sure why anyone would choose the Nikon over the Tamron or Sigma C 150-600mm. It's more expensive, heavier, less reach and (according to the reviews I've read) not as good at the long end. Considering that the Tamron (and I believe also the Sigma) improves a lot at 550mm that suggests noticeably better IQ with 50mm more reach. Oh, and apparently the Nikon's AF is slower. Obviously you pays your money and all that ;)

Last edited:
I just sent my D750 bought from Panamoz with err message to Nikon.Shutter was replaced free of cost, serviced and sent back by Nikon.

Last edited:
I just sent my D750 bought from Panamoz with err message to Nikon.Shutter was replaced free of cost, serviced and sent back by Nikon.
Sounds like the shutter recall.

TBH I'm not sure why anyone would choose the Nikon over the Tamron or Sigma C 150-600mm. It's more expensive, heavier, less reach and (according to the reviews I've read) not as good at the long end. Considering that the Tamron (and I believe also the Sigma) improves a lot at 550mm that suggests noticeably better IQ with 50mm more reach. Oh, and apparently the Nikon's AF is slower. Obviously you pays your money and all that ;)

Ordered a Tamron 150-600 today.... fingers crossed its a good one!

I could've been persuaded to let mine go. Been thinking about it as I can't see me using it till next summer for RIAT again, seems a waste sat doing nothing.

This one can always go back, I'd have bought used if it was available!

I have been toying with it Chris as I've had it a year and used it twice. I did say it's a novelty lens for me really. It's an Amazon copy fully boxed and mint. Got a lowepro pouch for it too.

Have a thin and let me know if you fancy selling

Might have to make a road trip when the clocks change.

I hope George has got a big house ... There will be a few crashing in Appledore I think ;)

Just got asked if I would take some pictures of a local flyball team. Be rude not to use the 70-200 for what it's good at.
Something different to pass the time

True. If the conditions are right though it will probably be worth it.

Trouble with Dungeness is it`s a big If ...

I hope George has got a big house ... There will be a few crashing in Appledore I think ;)

I had a feeling that would come up sooner or later.:D

Just got asked if I would take some pictures of a local flyball team. Be rude not to use the 70-200 for what it's good at.
Something different to pass the time
Cool, I took some shots of flyball earlier this year, although as a mere spectator I couldn't get the angles I wanted :( Good fun though flyball, although they're so fast that even the D750's AF can sometimes struggle to keep up.

Back