Nikon D750 & D780

Thought l was doing well when all around me were losing eyecups but mines gone now!
I've had a think tank ep-n eyepiece for a few years (I no longer have the rain cover but it works well with the optech rain sleeves), I've started to leave it on the camera as it's a tight fit and doesn't come off like the Nikon ones.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-think-tank-ep-n-eyepiece/p1594175

I have not lost the normal eye piece yet but I have lost the long exposure eye piece cover. The replacement one now has a thread tied to it that can be secured to either strap lug. I'm not losing another of them!

Tempted really am since I've the opportunity to do a straight swap. You say when you had the D500 you couldn't fault it but prefer the d750 in what ways pls

moon 1 by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

moon 2 by Mark Kingston, on Flickr

i just cant seem to get them right not sure what is going on.

perhaps its the sigma or its just me but @Paulie-W seems about 10 times sharper than these.

On a tripod with a remote, os off.
Mark what's wrong with this one on flickr, looks pretty good to me? Possibly if you brushed in a bit of clarity on the lighter bits it'd sharpen it even further (too much global clarity can make the darker bits too dark imo)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146366565@N05/29675481342/in/photostream/

I know the iso is higher on it. I was experimenting.
Whether it's just my pp that is the issue more than anything. As yours and graham's was it is think just look loads sharper. Mind you, you both are using the tamron.
Once we get some better light I'll set up the sigma with the dock and see if I can get it better at 600mm.
But thanks for looking Toby and for the tips.

I know the iso is higher on it. I was experimenting.
Whether it's just my pp that is the issue more than anything. As yours and graham's was it is think just look loads sharper. Mind you, you both are using the tamron.
Once we get some better light I'll set up the sigma with the dock and see if I can get it better at 600mm.
But thanks for looking Toby and for the tips.

Maybe it would help you if Toby show you the sooc image and then the process image then you may say what is being done?

Tempted really am since I've the opportunity to do a straight swap. You say when you had the D500 you couldn't fault it but prefer the d750 in what ways pls

You only just said the other day you weren't changing.

I don't get it

Maybe it would help you if Toby show you the sooc image and then the process image then you may say what is being done?
But then everyone will know just how bad my photography is :eek:

Thought l was doing well when all around me were losing eyecups but mines gone now!
I've now lost a total of 5 and given up replacing them, I'll manage without. Strange thing is I've never ever noticed it come off and never found one around the house or in the car, they just disappear.
Been doing more research on a wide zoom and think it's come down to either Nikon 16-35 (bit pricey tho) or my current favourite Sigma 17-35 ex dg hsm. Favouring the Sigma due to the price being around £250 used which seeing as I don't shoot wide that often will leave me with a bit more for a good portrait lens. Anyone have experience of the Siggy as not much real world feedback to be found on the net.

I've not lost an eyecup,...... yet. But I do keep misplacing my hot shoe covers :facepalm:

But I do keep misplacing my hot shoe covers :facepalm:

The first thing I do with a new camera is take those off. I have loads of them.

Somewhere... :LOL:

Hey I posted a photo for you on the D500 forum using a lens you asked a question about.
You haven't asked me any questions, are you feeling OK?

24 vs 28

Edit.. scrap that post... I have made a decision... all by myself! Yes, by myself lol.

Last edited:
Maybe a swap with snerkler as he is tempted by the D500, dunno if he will part with the 750 though

24 vs 28

Edit.. scrap that post... I have made a decision... all by myself! Yes, by myself lol.
Least someone can unlike me :naughty:

Maybe a swap with snerkler as he is tempted by the D500, dunno if he will part with the 750 though
Nope, not parting with the D750 ;)

There you go you answered my question [emoji13] that it bye bye d500

@rookies really? You're nuts mate. Just keep the D500. Why are you swapping?

Well ive the chance to do a straight swap

D750 with 24-120 and a youngo flash

For

My d500 and 18-35 sigma art lens.

The swap I just like FF and feel it got the edge. But d500 I love the AF and the AF spread along with it body

Hard choice. Also I feel the lens lay out is nicer for FX

I could be a fool who know??

Back