Nikon D750 & D780

I saw on FB that they're starting to trickle now so tomorrow would be a good bet. Some more rain forecast over the next few days too so they should be a go'er.

You'll be able to use your filters too Andrew. Well, you'll be able to if you can get past the tens of thousands of people all taking the same shot. :D

I'll just get the gate locked [emoji6]

I think it's your PP dude. You've pushed them too far in order to make up for the poor light/conditions/crap time of day you went.
Usually this happens when there's a significant difference in say contrast or clarity between the sky and the buildings (in this case) but there's not hence my confusion. They have been PP'd to death so maybe it is just an accumulation of crap I've thrown at it ;) You live and learn :oops: :$

Yeah I meant halos, I thought it might be due to sharpening but things dont look overly sharp, maybe you have done a selection without a bleed?
Things don't look sharp as they're long exposures and it was blowing a gale so the tripod was shaking quite a bit ;)

I saw on FB that they're starting to trickle now so tomorrow would be a good bet. Some more rain forecast over the next few days too so they should be a go'er.

You'll be able to use your filters too Andrew. Well, you'll be able to if you can get past the tens of thousands of people all taking the same shot. :D
Bloomin typical :LOL: One day I'll manage to get a shot of this ;)

Usually this happens when there's a significant difference in say contrast or clarity between the sky and the buildings (in this case) but there's not hence my confusion. They have been PP'd to death so maybe it is just an accumulation of crap I've thrown at it ;) You live and learn :oops: :$

Clarity, contrast, dehaze, sharpening, CA, massive exposure changes etc can all cause it in PP.

Clarity, contrast, dehaze, sharpening, CA, massive exposure changes etc can all cause it in PP.
Having just reset it to the original there is blurring at the edges (due to tripod movement in the gales) almost creating a double border which then creates the artefacts after PP. I think without the movement the halos 'may' not have been visible after PP. Or maybe I've just overdone it :ROFLMAO:

Ok got it wrong. It's the VRII 70-200 he has. Wants my F4 + £250.

Thoughts?

Positives/negatives?

"More used" can mean a number of things, but as long as the optics are clear, the VR works and the AF isn't bolloxed, shouldn't be any issues with it?

Last edited:
So it hasn't got the Soft case that these lens come with?

So it hasn't got the Soft case that these lens come with?

Nope, just lens and hood. Optics are clean, just few odd marks of wear on the barrel.

Not sure, like the weight of the F4. Just gas lol

Nope, just lens and hood. Optics are clean, just few odd marks of wear on the barrel.

Really find it strange that he not got that case.. Never mind..

I would say without that etc your lens and £180

Ok got it wrong. It's the VRII 70-200 he has. Wants my F4 + £250.

Thoughts?

Positives/negatives?

That's a good price if it's in good condition. 70-200 f4 are worth around £600-650 used so that's £850-900 for the f2.8 VR2. Considering the f2.8 VR2 still goes for around £1000-1100 second hand.

I swapped from a f4 to the f2.8 VR2. Haven't regretted it yet, having f2.8 and the ability to use a 1.4TC at 280mm f4 is a winner for me. The 1.4tc makes nearly no difference to AF speed or IQ as far as I can see.

Got an ad in the classifieds, but any of you chaps got a screen calibrator I could borrow?

By 'borrow', I mean, I'll pay for shipping both ways, and slip you some cash for the trouble. Ideally looking for a Spyder5, but not too arsed providing it does the job.

Got an ad in the classifieds, but any of you chaps got a screen calibrator I could borrow?

By 'borrow', I mean, I'll pay for shipping both ways, and slip you some cash for the trouble. Ideally looking for a Spyder5, but not too arsed providing it does the job.
I got a Spyder 3 Express - Gloucester based too

I have a Spyder 3 express too. Since moved on, so you can have it if you want Steve.

Got 2 bags sorted by the looks of things.

I think I'm pretty much sorted now. Just got to carry on taking pictures now. The sun is out today. Might try and get back to see the kingfishers today

I`ve yet to spot any Kingfishers :(

I`ve yet to spot any Kingfishers :(
I've been going to the same spot for years on and off and only untill the other day managed to get a picture.
There is also otters there or was. So when the warmer weather is here I'll be having a few evenings there to see if they are still about.

I got a Spyder 3 Express - Gloucester based too

I have a Spyder 3 express too. Since moved on, so you can have it if you want Steve.

Thanks both for your offers! :)

@Paulie-W Can you respond to my wanted thread, please, just to keep the powers that be, happy?

@JulesP Thabks for the offer, Julian, appreciate it! I'll see if I can work something out with Paul, if not I'll give you a shout! Welcome to the crazy gang, btw!

Is this the same friend you sell lenses for on here that never has a box or bag for any of his lenses?

The deal is about right wouldnt say it was a mega deal thou

No lol. The person I sell lenses for is a she, not a he. And she never keeps boxes for anything. Cameras, lenses, phones, etc etc!

Then 70-200 has nothing with it as it was purchased from MPB as it is. I'm not going for it anyway. Seen some pretty good deals on better condition 70-200s...

Just got to decide if I want to sell my F4 (fully boxed lol).

Last edited:
Thanks both for your offers! :)

@Paulie-W Can you respond to my wanted thread, please, just to keep the powers that be, happy?

@JulesP Thabks for the offer, Julian, appreciate it! I'll see if I can work something out with Paul, if not I'll give you a shout! Welcome to the crazy gang, btw!

Done (y)

Back