Nikon D750 & D780

Bracketing' a good shout actually. Max bracketing is +/- 3 EV so 6 stops from dark to light. But 1/40 - 1/1000 is 4:2/3 stops :confused:
Could be set for more than 3 frames too... not sure if that would give wide enough latitude?

Last edited:
No, the bracketing button on the front (kind of below the flash and to the right of the mode dial).

Wouldn't that be a bit of a stretch? Does it require being held in the entire time because I didn't do that. Pushing it in shows the info for AE+Flash and 5 shots but if that happened I'd have 5 shots of the same scene ranging from underexposed to overexposed. That definitely didn't happen.

I certainly appreciate all the problem solving assistance.

No, the bracketing button (BKT) on the front (kind of below the flash and to the right of the mode dial). Page 203 of the manual. You press the bracket button and turn rear dials to turn it on and off. The front dial changes the number of EVs it's set to bracket.
page 204 in the manual...

Wouldn't that be a bit of a stretch? Does it require being held in the entire time because I didn't do that. Pushing it in shows the info for AE+Flash and 5 shots but if that happened I'd have 5 shots of the same scene ranging from underexposed to overexposed. That definitely didn't happen.

I certainly appreciate all the problem solving assistance.
You wouldn't have 5 shots of the same scene ... it takes a photo (at different exposure) each time you press the shutter. So the scene would change as you reframed the camera.

You would press the bracketing button and adjust the front and real control wheels, then release the bracketing button. Now it's in bracketing mode until you take it out of bracketing mode.

Check out the manual around page 204.

Last edited:
No, the bracketing button (BKT) on the front (kind of below the flash and to the right of the mode dial). Page 203 of the manual. You press the bracket button and turn the rear dial to turn it on and off (and alter the number of frames it 'brackets'. The front dial changes the number of EVs it's set to bracket.

Were you changing the ISO each time the changed the shutter speed to set the exposure to the centre of the meter?

ISO was set to 3200 so I didn't change that. I wanted to adjust shutter speed according to the exposure shown in the centre of the viewfinder.

Very strange! I've just had a wander about the house shooting a variety of things in different light in full manual and shutter speed stayed at what it was initially set.
Possibly turning the camera off (and back on) has reset bracketing ... I don't recall.

You wouldn't have 5 shots of the same scene ... it takes a photo (at different exposure) each time you press the shutter. So the scene would change as you reframed the camera.

You would press the bracketing button and adjust the front and real control wheels, then release the bracketing button. Now it's in bracketing mode until you take it out of bracketing mode.

Check out the manual around page 204.

Eloise, you may get nominated for brilliant response of the day! Before I had a wander about the house I set bracketing to zero shots. I'll turn it back on and try again to see what happens.

Anyone tried the new firmware update yet?
I don't want to be the first to do it

Stupid question, how do you update the firmware? Just plug it in using the USB?

To be honest I've not really noticed any of the bugs it claims to resolve, so don't really see the point, but just curious...

Format a memory card in the camera.
Insert that card into your computer and copy the firmware file onto it.
Put it back in the camera and select "Update Firmware" in the setup menu.

Before starting, best to make sure the battery is fully charged too.

To be honest I've not really noticed any of the bugs it claims to resolve, so don't really see the point, but just curious...
Format sd card

Unpack the zip file so the .bin file is on the sd card.

Insert sd card to camera make sure it's the only one I there.

Turn on camera go to firmware on menu you should get option to update there.

Make sure you have enough battery life.

Format a memory card in the camera.
Insert that card into your computer and copy the firmware file onto it.
Put it back in the camera and select "Update Firmware" in the setup menu.

Before starting, best to make sure the battery is fully charged too.
Thanks - updating now. Hope it doesn't brick my camera... #YOLO

Last edited:
I've found Peacock s*** to be incredibly sticky - it's a right pain in the arse to get off your shoes - you could try that?

HTH.
:withstupid::banana:

Anyone tried the new firmware update yet?
I don't want to be the first to do it
I have no issues here.

As a complete aside, I've just realised that your avatar is the back end of a jet... For more than two years I thought it was a little robot, a la 'Batteries Not Included' or 'Johnny 5'! :runaway:

I have no issues here.

As a complete aside, I've just realised that your avatar is the back end of a jet... For more than two years I thought it was a little robot, a la 'Batteries Not Included' or 'Johnny 5'! :runaway:

That's why I flipped the picture [emoji3]

Back