Nikon D750 & D780

Wtaf how can you do that?????????

Fyal
Guess I was too busy making sure I'd packed all the other s*** we need to take with us, I just left the poor old D750 all packed up ready to go on my desk.

I bet it even let out a "what about meeeeee?" As we drove off.

Ah well, we'll be back down again for Easter, and that tin mine certainly isn't going anywhere. :)

Guess I was too busy making sure I'd packed all the other s*** we need to take with us, I just left the poor old D750 all packed up ready to go on my desk.

I bet it even let out a "what about meeeeee?" As we drove off.

Ah well, we'll be back down again for Easter, and that tin mine certainly isn't going anywhere. :)
Stuff that it's the first thing I make sure I've got.

They might collapse

In Cornwall this weekend, and I had grand plans to venture out this morning to catch the local tin mine at sunrise.

However, somebody forgot to pack the camera. Knob, FML, etc., etc. :facepalm:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good excuse to buy a new camera whilst you're there :whistle:

In Cornwall this weekend, and I had grand plans to venture out this morning to catch the local tin mine at sunrise.

Don't worry you won't be the first or last, I went to the Isle of Mull leaving my whole camera bag behind, only had tripod and a Fuji X100 with an indeterminate amount of battery, manged to make it last the week no @snerkler pixel peeping!!!

Its only a weekend, have a great time, enjoy a non-photography weekend, operating a camera after a skinful is always a bit dodgy!!!

Alternatively do an @minnnt, when everyone has gone to bed, get in your car drive home, collect camera, drive back, take a load of sunrise pictures, join rest of party for breakfast!!!

Don't worry you won't be the first or last, I went to the Isle of Mull leaving my whole camera bag behind, only had tripod and a Fuji X100 with an indeterminate amount of battery, manged to make it last the week no @snerkler pixel peeping!!!

Its only a weekend, have a great time, enjoy a non-photography weekend, operating a camera after a skinful is always a bit dodgy!!!

Alternatively do an @minnnt, when everyone has gone to bed, get in your car drive home, collect camera, drive back, take a load of sunrise pictures, join rest of party for breakfast!!!
I rarely pixel peep, only if I see a problem or have my lab coat on :p

Sometimes only when I get home!
And where do you think I spot problems? Certainly not going to see it on the LCD unless something's completely amiss ;)

Well just thank your lucky stars we've moved on from film, imagine having to wait days for pictures......... :exit:
Wouldn't be an issue as you couldn't get x-trans film :whistle:

More time to spend with the wife, how nice of you [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

On a different note, I'm on the D750 Facebook group, seems some people there are loading a program onto their D750 and it allows the user to use other types of formats such as film, fuji and others, don't think I'd like to "brick" my camera for that.

On a different note, I'm on the D750 Facebook group, seems some people there are loading a program onto their D750 and it allows the user to use other types of formats such as film, fuji and others, don't think I'd like to "brick" my camera for that.
Really was that posted today

Pretty sure that was posted my @minnnt a few days ago.

Well the time has come, and whilst I've had a blast with the D750 and it being absolutely awesome, I've decided to box it all off and it's off to MPB to be replaced by a (a pair of) Fuji XT2. Been contemplating this a while so nows the time. May have a few odds and ends turn up in the classifieds over the next few days/weeks.

Especially when you can get film simulations in PP.

Well the time has come, and whilst I've had a blast with the D750 and it being absolutely awesome, I've decided to box it all off and it's off to MPB to be replaced by a (a pair of) Fuji XT2. Been contemplating this a while so nows the time. May have a few odds and ends turn up in the classifieds over the next few days/weeks.
[emoji23] [emoji23]

I did see it. A picture of the menu. I didn't bother looking at it. As it was in picture control which iirc only effects jpeg so I didn't bother looking at it.

As said if you want that effect I'm sure there is plenty of presets for lr6 or ps

I did see it. A picture of the menu. I didn't bother looking at it. As it was in picture control which iirc only effects jpeg so I didn't bother looking at it.

As said if you want that effect I'm sure there is plenty of presets for lr6 or ps
Anyway, who in their right mind would want a preset of a Fuji camera on their Nikon, oh wait a minute [emoji15] maybe someone would [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Bonkers...

XT2 gets rave reviews, I'm sure you'll like it. I had a play with one at the photography show and had a quick play with AF-C, initial acquisition is a lot quicker than the XT1. I'm still not convinced it's high end DSLR quick, but not far off. You can still see that constant 'micro hunt' as it's tracking, but again nowhere near the degree of the XT1 and I doubt it'll cause many (if any) missed moments. I was hoping they'd go back to a bayer sensor with the XT2, but I guess this was wishful thinking ;)

Looks like it won't be too long before I get a D500 [emoji38] [emoji38] just for a little macro and whatever. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Looks like it won't be too long before I get a D500 [emoji38] [emoji38] just for a little macro and whatever. [emoji38] [emoji38]
You're not going to use a 150-600mm with it are you?

You're not going to use a 150-600mm with it are you?
Well it's an option, would be better than sticking a 1.4 t/c on the D750. Would be good for the vultures in the Gorge.

Bonkers...

Gotcha.

XT2 gets rave reviews, I'm sure you'll like it. I had a play with one at the photography show and had a quick play with AF-C, initial acquisition is a lot quicker than the XT1. I'm still not convinced it's high end DSLR quick, but not far off. You can still see that constant 'micro hunt' as it's tracking, but again nowhere near the degree of the XT1 and I doubt it'll cause many (if any) missed moments. I was hoping they'd go back to a bayer sensor with the XT2, but I guess this was wishful thinking ;)

And again.

:D

Well it's an option, would be better than sticking a 1.4 t/c on the D750. Would be good for the vultures in the Gorge.
I take it you've not seen my posts in the D500 thread. It would appear I've found a bit of a flaw :oops: :$ The D500 does not appear to work great with the 150-600mm's and at the longer focal lengths you only get a limited number of AF points that will work. Not great to say that this is Nikon's latest and greatest AF system. I don't have any issues with the D750.

So these are pics (not by me) from a previous boxing event to the one I'm going to tomorrow (same venue). Seeing as there's a bit of motion blur (in some) yet still has noticeable noise even in those small images I think it's going to be tricky :eek:

http://www.sportsshots.co.uk/index.php?menu=344

I take it you've not seen my posts in the D500 thread. It would appear I've found a bit of a flaw :oops: :$ The D500 does not appear to work great with the 150-600mm's and at the longer focal lengths you only get a limited number of AF points that will work. Not great to say that this is Nikon's latest and greatest AF system. I don't have any issues with the D750.
Do you have a 150-600mm G2?
I don't go into the D500 thread.

Which camera are you taking? High ISO D750 should work wonders.
Will be taking D750 and D500, I'm interested to compare the AF. I think it's pretty much a given I'll be at 12800 but whether or not I'll be able to get the shutter to my desired 1/1000 is a different matter. I'll have to see what I can do, I might go to ISO 25600 for the first time. But you never know, light might be better than it looks ;).
Do you have a 150-600mm G2?
I don't go into the D500 thread.
Gen 1. But Swanseajack is getting similar (although slightly better) results with the Sigma.

Will be taking D750 and D500, I'm interested to compare the AF. I think it's pretty much a given I'll be at 12800 but whether or not I'll be able to get the shutter to my desired 1/1000 is a different matter. I'll have to see what I can do, I might go to ISO 25600 for the first time. But you never know, light might be better than it looks ;).

I'll be really interested to see your results. My 12,800 experience was pretty good but my shutter speeds were mid to high double digits (1/50-1/80).

Gen 1. But Swanseajack is getting similar (although slightly better) results with the Sigma.
If they have any noise, run them through PS noiseware, that'll sort them out.

Back