Nikon D750 & D780

Probably ... It`s been niggling me for a while, so figured the thicker chocolate might not melt quite so fast ;)

To be fair it's still Nikon then...so you'll still be around as we still haven't got rid of @minnnt yet.

Yeah I`ll still be lurking in the BG ;) And have a couple of little bit to shift too :)

Good move mate. Sometimes wish I'd gone down that route instead of the Df.

Maybe next year. :LOL:
Cheers mate (y)

It`s always been there in the back of my mind ... Just need to re train the fingers again now ;)

Some good pics there, and the colour ones look fine to me. :)

#1 is right on the button, great work Toby (y)

your not wrong(y) number 8 is really atmospheric!

Some good pics there, and the colour ones look fine to me. :)

Those look great, especially the last one. Shooting into the windows looks okay too. What was the exif? They're marked private on Flickr so I can't check that way.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I appreciate it. I had an idea of what I wanted before the event and really struggled to get them for one reason or another hence why I think I was so deflated when I first looked through them. Now I'm going through them they're not quite as horrendous as I first thought although I've had to do quite a bit in PP.

Photog they're private as I don't know what's going to end up on my photostream yet, if I do decide to post any. Any in particular you want the EXIF of?

As for the windows, they were shot at an angle to them so not so bad, when the windows were directly behind the fighters the photos are pretty much unusable. Doesn't matter whether I spot metered on the fighter or matrix metered and raised exposure in post they are extremely lacking in contrast. I don't think I'm going to even bother to try rescuing them.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I appreciate it. I had an idea of what I wanted before the event and really struggled to get them for one reason or another hence why I think I was so deflated when I first looked through them. Now I'm going through them they're not quite as horrendous as I first thought although I've had to do quite a bit in PP.

Photog they're private as I don't know what's going to end up on my photostream yet, if I do decide to post any. Any in particular you want the EXIF of?

As for the windows, they were shot at an angle to them so not so bad, when the windows were directly behind the fighters the photos are pretty much unusable. Doesn't matter whether I spot metered on the fighter or matrix metered and raised exposure in post they are extremely lacking in contrast. I don't think I'm going to even bother to try rescuing them.

Was your ISO constant or variable? Interested especially in 1, 2, 4, 8, and 10. I'd be really happy with those if I had shot them.

Echo everyone else's comments, nothing wrong at all with those, great stuff.
+ 1 not sure what you were worried about.

I do prefer the B&w ones though over the colour ones.

Well done [emoji106]

Was your ISO constant or variable? Interested especially in 1, 2, 4, 8, and 10. I'd be really happy with those if I had shot them.
Once I figured out that the camera couldn't meter the scene regardless of metering mode I used full manual with constant ISO (for that bout), however I did try different settings for different bouts seeing what shutter speed I could get away with. All were shot at f2.8, 7-10 were 1/640 ISO 10000 on the D750. 1 was 1/400 ISO 5000 on the D500, 2 was 1/250 ISO 160 on the D750, and 4 was 1/500 ISO 5000 on the D750

@snerkler take off the lab coat son, these are decent!
Echo everyone else's comments, nothing wrong at all with those, great stuff.
Cheers.
+ 1 not sure what you were worried about.

I do prefer the B&w ones though over the colour ones.

Well done [emoji106]
Thanks. I don't know why I'm rarely happy with my shots tbh. I think I should stop processing them straight away and maybe wait a week or so so that I look at them with fresh eyes so to speak.

Last edited:
#2 is really good and #8 captures some brilliant action. You've done well mate.

Out of interest, is there anywhere to see the other guys shots?
Thanks, appreciate it. I dunno tbh, only got his first name. If I find out I'll post a link.

Any thoughts of a D500 are now on hold. Thanks to some absolute bitch of a women my wife no longer has her horse on permanent loan.

Therefore I'm taking a step back from anything equestrian as we need a break from it to decide on what to do next.

Any thoughts of a D500 are now on hold. Thanks to some absolute bitch of a women my wife no longer has her horse on permanent loan.

Therefore I'm taking a step back from anything equestrian as we need a break from it to decide on what to do next.
Sorry to hear that.

That sucks ...

@snerkler, see! Those shots are all good, love number 10. You need to stop worrying!
Thanks. I wish I knew how, 40 years old next month and I've still not figured out how to stop being a whittle-arse :LOL:

Welp, that didn't take long - sold the D750 and 70-200mm.:(

I'll be back in the game in a couple of months - or I may even join a different club... :whistle:

;)
:eek::wave::banana:

Back