Nikon D750 & D780

Never seen a Jaguar before, was proper excited and there for ages... the rest of the family had waked off lol

Where was this at?

Easy exposure compensation. Anyone using it? Seems erm, easy.

I use aperture priority with auto ISO, so wondering what the downsides are to using easy EC on the back button. Am I missing something?

No, if you set a value for a specific lens this will override the default.
Having double checked his yes your right but the default setting of say -5 will apply to all lenses unless a specific value is given.

So for example if all your lenses are -5 you could just set a base line of -5

Easy exposure compensation. Anyone using it? Seems erm, easy.

I use aperture priority with auto ISO, so wondering what the downsides are to using easy EC on the back button. Am I missing something?

Just saves your pinky holding down another button whilst you use the command dial to increase or decrease, handy.

20451700_10211261702956210_2807410049156144182_o.jpg

Went to Elvington Yorkshire Air Museum today this Nimrod looked like an alien to me....

20451700_10211261702956210_2807410049156144182_o.jpg

Went to Elvington Yorkshire Air Museum today this Nimrod looked like an alien to me....

This is nice. Goes to show you don't need the whole plane to make a really moody shot. Looks great in B&W.

Didn't notice this til today - D750 firmware update 1.12 from 1.11
Thanks for the heads up.

Got the camera (brand new) last week. It came with 1.10, so I updated to 1.11 straight away. Now have gone to 1.12. This is worse than Windows 10 :)

Nice mate, she's growing! How old now?

Thanks Kris, not sure on the backlight on the second one think it's a bit hot but it'll do. Was just messing around so chucked a flash at the back of the garden. Better than the nothing I've taken recently.

She's 2 and a half now, really getting her own character. :)

Thanks Kris, not sure on the backlight on the second one think it's a bit hot but it'll do. Was just messing around so chucked a flash at the back of the garden. Better than the nothing I've taken recently.

She's 2 and a half now, really getting her own character. :)

I do like backlighting bubbles, I've done it to death in the bathroom ha. Can't imagine what another year will do to the character of our little girl. Lovely age and great times, keep snapping. I've gone back recently to shots a year ago and they resonate more now than when I took them.

Was thinking of getting the new 70-300 af-p depending on reviews but also considering blowing my bonus on a 70-200. How does the lens perform with a tc? Any noticeable drop is focus speed/tracking?

Was thinking of getting the new 70-300 af-p depending on reviews but also considering blowing my bonus on a 70-200. How does the lens perform with a tc? Any noticeable drop is focus speed/tracking?
I didn't do a direct comparison with and without a TC but I used the 70-200mm with 1.4TC at Silverstone for the F1 and I was never left wanting.

I find the 70-200 f2.8 vr2 with 1.4 TC very good, Ive never feel there is too much of a drop in focus speed or IQ with the 1.4TC. To be honest the 70-200 has killed off other lenses for me as it's the bench mark I use for comparison. I recently hired the 300mm f4 PF for skomer, whilst I got some nice images from it I was really disappointed in its performance, the focus speed was noticeably slower than my 70-200. If you are thinking of a 70-200 f2.8 there isn't another lens that comes close to it in my opinion. Ive just seen the price of the new 70-300, at that price a used VR2 is a much better buy in my opinion, those two stops can come in handy when light is poor and it really is like lightening.

I find the 70-200 f2.8 vr2 with 1.4 TC very good, Ive never feel there is too much of a drop in focus speed or IQ with the 1.4TC. To be honest the 70-200 has killed off other lenses for me as it's the bench mark I use for comparison. I recently hired the 300mm f4 PF for skomer, whilst I got some nice images from it I was really disappointed in its performance, the focus speed was noticeably slower than my 70-200. If you are thinking of a 70-200 f2.8 there isn't another lens that comes close to it in my opinion. Ive just seen the price of the new 70-300, at that price a used VR2 is a much better buy in my opinion, those two stops can come in handy when light is poor and it really is like lightening.
That's interesting about the 300mm, that's a lens I've often considered.

Everyone is soon going to be bored of Puffins from me, at least this a little different being a wide angle. Skomer lends itself well to wide angled as the Puffins are literally inches away.

All Photos-135 by -Rob'81-
Post away, I won't get bored of quality puffin pics like yours.

I like my 70-200 F4 but I do feel it's not always the quickest lens to focus on moving subjects. I was looking at a nearly new VR2 or my local camera shop has a used copy of the newest version. What do the buttons do on the barrel!?

That's interesting about the 300mm, that's a lens I've often considered.
I think I probably expected too much, the reviews do say it's slower so I should have made an allowance for that. I've probably been spoilt by the focus speed of the 70-200 f2.8 and 24-70 f2.8, and I love the flexibility of a zoom much more than I thought I did. The 1.4tc works so well on the 70-200 that iI feel it negates the need for the 300 f4 unless weight is an issue.

Back