Nikon d750 display

carmot

Suspended / Banned
Name
john conlin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi been out tonight with few mates photographing a bit of local industry anyway have never been a lover of the 750 display when it gets a little dark about. 8 its very grainy but looking at my mates canon displays were all much better than mine has anyone else found this

I've not ever noticed any issues but I've never taken the time to compared it to another Nikon or canon camera. To be honest for me the LCD is probably one of the least important aspects of the camera. The images on the back of the camera will probably be nothing like how they get processed in LR. The 'blinkers' and histogram are the most useful feature along with checking sharpness. ISO performance is pretty excellent on the D750 so I never worry about upping the ISO. Is the graphics n appearing on your images?

Are your mates using in camera in camera noise reduction or long exposure noise reduction? I don't bother as I seem to remember reading it's not applied if you shot RAW and edit on LR (non Nikon software).

Ive never noticed my display overly grainy compared to any other camera I've used tbh, but I've never owned a Canon DSLR. Could it be that you've got live preview on and so it's stopping the lens down prior to taking the pic and the Canons aren't therefore the Canons would let more light in prior to taking the shot?

Thanks for the input never had a problem with the photos themselves but in live view its very grainy we were all next to each other shooting the same thing but the live view on the canons was a lot sharper they were good camera specs but not as good as the 750 supposed to be i was starting to worry there was a fault

The live view on the D750 is a bit ropey in low light, it's just a 'feature'. I find going to a wide aperture can help in those situations but then you can't check overall sharpness across the frame.

thanks stu the exact words my mates said after i had asked them there views plus all the other quips about should of bought a canon just a bit of banter well at least i now know its is ropey and that's how it is i am happy

thanks stu the exact words my mates said after i had asked them there views plus all the other quips about should of bought a canon just a bit of banter well at least i now know its is ropey and that's how it is i am happy
Yep, but the dynamic range and shadow recovery is far better so I know what I prefer!

I moved from a 5d3 to a D810. Everything about the Nikon is superior apart from the screen in low light. When the light starts to fade the Canon was still useful for focusing with the screen whereas the Nikon is a grainy mess. Pity my D810 lasted a month and then got destroyed with a big fall and splash. If the insurance pays out then I will ponder a D850 but hope the screen is better in lower light. Make sure you are not looking through the lens with teh aperture closed as that makes a huge difference. I think it closes when you press the OK button

Last edited:
The live view on the D750 is a bit ropey in low light, it's just a 'feature'. I find going to a wide aperture can help in those situations but then you can't check overall sharpness across the frame.
Tbh I never check sharpness across the frame using the LCD. I know by my settings whether I'm going to get maximum sharpness or not, I'm only concerned with focus on the Hyperfocal point (for landscapes obviously ;))

Back