Nikon D750 Service Advisory

Mine is affected unfortunately, bought new March 2016. Haven't noticed anything wrong with it so far. No idea whether to send it in or wait and see.

How long do they have these open for? Could I send my one sometime next year or does it have to be sent in sooner?

Thanks

Mine is all clear. Thought it would have been included!

How long do they have these open for? Could I send my one sometime next year or does it have to be sent in sooner?

Thanks

Be interesting to see if anyone has experience of this as I was wondering the same

Be interesting to see if anyone has experience of this as I was wondering the same

I think it has been previously mentioned on the D750 thread that there was no time limit on it. I probably won't send mine in until November/ December at the earliest as i am using it weekly until then.

I think it has been previously mentioned on the D750 thread that there was no time limit on it. I probably won't send mine in until November/ December at the earliest as i am using it weekly until then.

Thanks for the heads up about the D750 thread - for some inexplicable reason I didn't think to look in there!! Think I'll be hanging onto mine for the minute as I don't really want to be without it for a couple of weeks over the summer as I'm out shooting wildlife quite a bit..

Last edited:

This is why I started a new thread. The d750 thread can have things get "lost" quite quickly as it's quite a "wandering" thread.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a time limit. It would be easy to email Nikon and confirm this. I've had my D750 for 2 years and it's needed* the recall for the last year. I've not sent it in yet as I've not found a time to be without it for a few weeks, there always seems to be something coming up that I want to plan a trip out for. It's working out a 2-4 weeks when I could be without it.

*as it's not caused problems I don't feel it needs to be sent away urgently.

If your Nikon service centre is anything like ours... if I need Nikon service it has to go from the West Coast of BC to Mississauga, Ont. (roughly 4300km - theoretically Canada Post could get it there in two or three days) and then sit on a service techs desk for a couple of weeks; then a week or two to order parts and effect repairs. All told, I'd probably be missing the camera for a month or so.

Mine, purchased in March 2015 from HDEW is affected. Booked in with Nikon & being sent back tomorrow FOC.

mine are both affected. I've never noticed anything, though having the shutters looked at FoC can't be a bad thing.

mine are both affected. I've never noticed anything, though having the shutters looked at FoC can't be a bad thing.
I never noticed anything wrong with mine either, but thought it best to have it up to date.
I've just checked the paperwork and they replaced the rubber grips (Presumably because they had to remove them to make the repair.), the shutter plate unit, check test and clean and gave the sensor a wipe over.

I never noticed anything wrong with mine either, but thought it best to have it up to date.
I've just checked the paperwork and they replaced the rubber grips (Presumably because they had to remove them to make the repair.), the shutter plate unit, check test and clean and gave the sensor a wipe over.

The way I see it is just that. A free clean and shutter plate change

I had a chat with someone from Nikon and was told the repair would take 2-4 weeks. I haven't seen the banding on mine but have had a couple of ERR messages and was advised to send it in. I can't be without it for 4 weeks though.

I had a chat with someone from Nikon and was told the repair would take 2-4 weeks. I haven't seen the banding on mine but have had a couple of ERR messages and was advised to send it in. I can't be without it for 4 weeks though.

ERR and shutter sticks after it's been a while since you last shot it?

Mine seems to have just started doing exactly that and is on the recall. Not sure what I'm going to do without it for around 4 weeks though!

Mine started doing that, then the shutter failed. It was out of warranty and not on the initial recall list. But they fixed it for free anyway, so I think it must've been one of the cameras involved in identifying that this was a more widespread issue.

Mine started doing that, then the shutter failed. It was out of warranty and not on the initial recall list. But they fixed it for free anyway, so I think it must've been one of the cameras involved in identifying that this was a more widespread issue.

Interesting... Strangely, mine only seems to do it with the 200-500 attached (with or without the 1.4x). I've cleaned all the contacts on all my kit and it doesn't seem to have helped. Need to see what I can lay my hands on while its in for service so I'm not without...

Exactly the same as that Andy. It always seems to be the first shot of the day, I've been able to clear it by pressing the shutter button again and then it's fine.

Exactly the same as that Andy. It always seems to be the first shot of the day, I've been able to clear it by pressing the shutter button again and then it's fine.

Mine did that for a couple of months, then the shutter failed completely

Exactly the same here. I've had one more serious instance where I had to put it into mirror up and release the shutter again before I could continue shooting. It is always just on the first shot of the day.

It starts out on the first shot of the day, then progresses.

My no. 1 body needed doing. Now no.2 is on the list for recall. Hey ho.

I'll let the mad rush die down before sending mine in as it's not playing silly beggars yet.

I'll let the mad rush die down before sending mine in as it's not playing silly beggars yet.

I've been meanng to send mine in for the last year. I've yet to have a problem so haven't worried about it, although I had one ERR a couple of months ago and no problems since. The problem always seems to be trying to work out a 4 week period when I'm unlikely to need the camera. There is always something coming up, now it's August heather, Sept/Oct deer rut, Oct/Nov autumn landscapes, Nov/Dec/Jan grey seals. I probably need to make some time in Nov/Dec to finally get it done as it's now out of warranty.

Back