Nikon d750 wireless remote (which one?)

Name
David Bayley
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm after a wireless remote for my d750 but I'm unsure of which one to buy. I've just been playing in the menus and have seen the function to turn in the wireless remote (ML-L3), after researching the remote it's a on / off type where I would ideally would like one where I can program times ect.

My question is which one is best suited for my needs (astro, long + multi exposures) ?

It would be more use full being wireless as I would like to try some light painting and I'm clumsy so I'm garunteed to trip over the wire and do some damage somewhere along the line.

It would be more use full being wireless as I would like to try some light painting and I'm clumsy so I'm garunteed to trip over the wire and do some damage somewhere along the line.
I use a cheap wired one from Amazon to do everything you mention, i tie it up so that it isnt swinging in the wind anyway so there is no chance of me tripping over it.

Which port do you connect these to phil_b?

I've seen some £30-£40 wireless invelometers on eBay but I'm unsure if there compatable or not.

I use wired ones. I even add extension leads to some of them that tale the little 2.5mm jacks for changing the camera connection end. No issues. Does everything I could ask for.

I have a few and my favoured one is this (mine has a 10 pin but I understand the dc2 is for the D750)- I like it because it has an on off switch instead of removing the batteries every time

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJC-TM-M...h=item41b37d26b9:g:kA4AAOSwuMZZC1lX:rk:8:pf:0

If you're set on a wireless one then I'd suggest having a look at some of the apps for smartphones which might pair with a radio or bluetooth receiver to let you set up shots

I use wired ones. I even add extension leads to some of them that tale the little 2.5mm jacks for changing the camera connection end. No issues. Does everything I could ask for.

I have a few and my favoured one is this (mine has a 10 pin but I understand the dc2 is for the D750)- I like it because it has an on off switch instead of removing the batteries every time

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJC-TM-M...h=item41b37d26b9:g:kA4AAOSwuMZZC1lX:rk:8:pf:0

If you're set on a wireless one then I'd suggest having a look at some of the apps for smartphones which might pair with a radio or bluetooth receiver to let you set up shots

Thanks Jim, I like the idea of a wireless as it could be more versatile for future needs, I also like the idea of using an app to control the camera which leads on to which app?

I will also take a look at the wired one as an on off switch is also useful.

Thanks Jim, I like the idea of a wireless as it could be more versatile for future needs, I also like the idea of using an app to control the camera which leads on to which app?

I will also take a look at the wired one as an on off switch is also useful.

Does a wireless one work in bulb for exposures longer than 30 seconds? With the wired one the button locks down for as long as you need it. The Nikon app works with the d750 but I have never tried it.

For it working longer than 30 seconds I don't know, I would have to buy one to be 100% certain.
Which nikon app are you referring to? I had snapbridge for my d5600 which doesn't work with the d750 and I have nikon wmu app which does work but I only use it for downloading on the fly.

For it working longer than 30 seconds I don't know, I would have to buy one to be 100% certain.
Which nikon app are you referring to? I had snapbridge for my d5600 which doesn't work with the d750 and I have nikon wmu app which does work but I only use it for downloading on the fly.

The nikon wmu app allows you to take photos but i don't know how much control over settings you have. I must try it some time.

There is an app called qdslrdashboard in the play market that has been mentioned on this forum for full control of your camera. It is a paid app at £6.34 ish but I'm not sure 100% it is fully compatible with the d750 and I'm very prudent with my money to pay out for something that may not work.

Back