Nikon D750 & D780

Why do you keep selling the D750 and rebuying? What number are you on now?

We have 2 in the family! The new one is my wifes but due to the age of them both she is taking on my old one and selling the new one - as it makes more sense.

At no point did you ever say you would be keeping a D750... :rolleyes:

Gotta love half a story.

Technically I won't lol - the wife will so it was a full story with an untold background :p

Plus she has taken quite a shine to the 24-70!

Nah, I will be in both - she is not a big forum person. Too glued to FB!

Made Chicken Fajita last night.

The exif says Nikon 530, but it is with the D750, so valid in this group :D . I use NEF4 NX2 to work on D750 files in CNX2. Usually, I change the exif to correct the camera name after processing but forgot this time.

Chicken Fajita
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Looks good. No mention of future workshops though. I've subscribed and hopefully will be given updates.
Thanks for the link.

This was the first one they'd put together, it was a massive success though, I won my ticket through their main sponsor, Folio, but if I'd paid, I'd still have been thrilled. It's given me a new focus, lots of tops on where I can improve things, both marketing and photography and a realisation that I can shoot weddings how I really want to shoot them, and still make a success of it.

Came away with lots of new friends, and some of the things the guys said really struck a chord with me. Slawomir Urban was a lovely guy, hugely inspirational and has a lot of the same motives for making a success of it as I have, ie: family time.

He made me realise that for a large part of the year I don't touch the camera, I shoot weddings, put it down, shoot another wedding and I need to take the time to use my camera every day, just shoot something, and slowly progress.

So I've started as I mean to go on and picked my camera up before I even left the house, to remind me of the motivation of why I want to build this business up rather than plod along in my day job

LRM_EXPORT_20160929_092034 by Andy Dane, on Flickr

Awesome pose. Well taken. The vignette is OTT for my liking though.
Thanks. Was unsure of the vignette myself tbh

More subtle vignette
DSC_0145-4_zpsa1gwrcha.jpg

No vignette
DSC_0145-3_zpsc0ypbdrd.jpg

Actually really hate suffering from OCD, it really compicates life choices FFS.

So I am really not sure if I am making right decision switching to the D500. Spent all day at work in some stupid freaking day dream going through my head of what to do. My head over compicates things, like EVERYTHING! Tablets do help but not enough!!!

Life would be so much simpler if my brain was not attached sometimes.

Anyway, that's my life story done. How's everyone's evening?!

So I am really not sure if I am making right decision switching to the D500. Spent all day at work in some stupid freaking day dream going through my head of what to do. My head over compicates things, like EVERYTHING! Tablets do help but not enough!!!

I know the day dream feeling...

Sorry if I've got the wrong impression but if you're wife is still going to have a d750 and you're getting the d500, surely that's the best of both worlds? Can you not use your wife's when you fancy FF lovelyness and the D500 when you're doing your horse photography?

I know the day dream feeling...

Sorry if I've got the wrong impression but if you're wife is still going to have a d750 and you're getting the d500, surely that's the best of both worlds? Can you not use your wife's when you fancy FF lovelyness and the D500 when you're doing your horse photography?

Maybe, but I'm still not 100% sure I need 10fps for the horses and having handled the 16-80 today I am quite disappointed with how it feels too!

I'm considering taking some more time to decide as I think I am looking at the D500 features all wrong.

Plus she is considering swapping to Fuji.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I'm still not 100% sure I need 10fps for the horses and having handled the 16-80 today I am quite disappointed with how it feels too!

I'm considering taking some more time to decide as I think I am looking at the D500 features all wrong.

Fair enough. A big pull of the d500 is the extra reach for wildlife shooter and doesn't sound like you need that either. Why not get both? Sounds like the best plan to me!

Your brain sounds like it works like mine, god help you :LOL:

I don't know when decisions got so complicated and difficult. I remember the day you wanted something, went to a shop had a quick look at the selection they had (if at all), bought it and was happy.

Now it's want to buy something, research it, watch YouTube videos, research it some more, sleep on it, ask questions on forums, watch more YouTube videos, research a bit more then take the plunge. Whilst waiting for it to arrive you get buyers remorse at spending so much money, stress you've done the right thing, think maybe you should have bought a different model or simply a different colour and finally watch more YouTube videos to try and confirm you've made the right choice :thinking:

I don't know when decisions got so complicated and difficult. I remember the day you wanted something, went to a shop had a quick look at the selection they had (if at all), bought it and was happy.

Now it's want to buy something, research it, watch YouTube videos, research it some more, sleep on it, ask questions on forums, watch more YouTube videos, research a bit more then take the plunge. Whilst waiting for it to arrive you get buyers remorse at spending so much money, stress you've done the right thing, think maybe you should have bought a different model or simply a different colour and finally watch more YouTube videos to try and confirm you've made the right choice :thinking:

I thought it was only me who went through all that!! Glad I'm not.

This lol!

Plus I'm on some anxiety tablets and I swear they make things worse!

The amount of things I have bought and send back is just ridiculous too.

I envy people who just don't give a f@#k lol

Thought you'd ordered already?

What's up with the 16-80mm, what would it be replacing, the 24-70?

If you need/want the reach, frame rate, AF spread and build quality then the D500 is a good option. If not stick with the D750.

This lol!

Plus I'm on some anxiety tablets and I swear they make things worse!

The amount of things I have bought and send back is just ridiculous too.

I envy people who just don't give a f@#k lol
They can, especially in the early stages and withdrawal :(

Thought you'd ordered already?

What's up with the 16-80mm, what would it be replacing, the 24-70?

If you need/want the reach, frame rate, AF spread and build quality then the D500 is a good option. If not stick with the D750.

24-120 as been using that a lot for the extra reach over the 24-70 - basically like for like!

Yeah I have my friends 16-80 here that I can buy or not, but the build quality doesn't really match the price IMO.

The VR is great, quietist I have heard to be fair!

It's the reach and focus points that I need to decide on. Build not an issue, don't find anything wrong with the 750.

24-120 as been using that a lot for the extra reach over the 24-70 - basically like for like!

Yeah I have my friends 16-80 here that I can buy or not, but the build quality doesn't really match the price IMO.

The VR is great, quietist I have heard to be fair!

It's the reach and focus points that I need to decide on. Build not an issue, don't find anything wrong with the 750.
Nothing wrong with the D750 chocolate IMO, just the D500 is supposed to be better.

How much is the 16-80? I bought the 24-120mm from Panamoz for £450 ish and I think it's good for the money. Wouldn't want to pay UK prices for it though, not worth it IMO.

If i was just doing horse racing and show jumping next year the D500 would be 100% the right choice....

But also doing horse portraits, trips to London, some scenic equestrian work and some rather different horse and owner shoots (stills not action) so it's not a no brainier lol

I don't use 10fps with my em1 ( although I can ) for drag racing and they go a little quicker than horses. With the d500, I guess it needs to be more about focus accuracy then fps... Maybe..

Yeah FPS not so much an issue due to speed. Focus is very important and I can't remember ever missing a shot due to bad focus, more human error lol.

Back