Nikon D750 & D780

Isn't Tamron warranty 5 years anyway? Mine was, but not sure if that was a special offer.
Yes 5 years but not on a Grey market one :(

But you said the French one was non grey?
Yes, I could buy from a internet shop similar to Amazon and it would have a 5 year warranty but also the extra cost.
Like I said, I can buy a UK grey for 869 GBP but i`d just get a 1 year warranty.

Yes, I could buy from a internet shop similar to Amazon and it would have a 5 year warranty but also the extra cost.
Like I said, I can buy a UK grey for 869 GBP but i`d just get a 1 year warranty.
How much difference in there in the price?

How much difference in there in the price?
Ah right, hope you got your white coat on and a calculator. 869 GBP against 1550 Euros.

Manage to rescue the images Toby ;) but darkening the background :p

One of the things I wanted to give a go now that I have the laptop is tethering. Only read up a little but some reports say that the D750 tethered is poor due to USB2. So, who has tried it and what's the best solution? Maybe @Sir SR has done so?

Manage to rescue the images Toby ;) but darkening the background :p
They didn't need rescuing, it's the Star Wars I cocked up royally. Obliterated the backgrounds due to people stood behind ;)

One of the things I wanted to give a go now that I have the laptop is tethering. Only read up a little but some reports say that the D750 tethered is poor due to USB2. So, who has tried it and what's the best solution? Maybe @Sir SR has done so?

Sadly not. Only recently got my MacBook and have just sold my d750 [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Used the app a few times but that was about the extent of it.

Not even shot tethered with the d800. Although it would have been useful at times!!

Sadly not. Only recently got my MacBook and have just sold my d750 [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Used the app a few times but that was about the extent of it.

Not even shot tethered with the d800. Although it would have been useful at times!!

OK no problem. What MBP did you go for, new version?

Done it using my surface pro 3, worked fine.

Not done much with my (working) D750 recently but had to grab a snap of this approaching hail storm.

8iXKGmwylQOp845O6VMOt5W1jecvo0Bwq1_6SafT1VdzqCjoOylUC8I9Fr0Muu0m1PoTH0ip8FLH0ccGNnZPC-uIsvX66TUwzDLT0lrI0wEo97Cffyi6u4Vog42kHEio06T9YOFwjnZbT_5OwbKQ0I8dWYU-LfRdGPap2zR7zFsUzMBiR_LWO9GHtUvpV6CvLK4dAB7F6npR5TxElK-lx1NBmrFSzYpU_cjlGQyLSo1scyb1E-Cuf5Fv1p1HoH1u6R4mm4yyP0pdalsHtI0fvMXrJ1bx_o45dSJS8fzTZmZl2dJ0BUhKl_FNXvgfzhd-gQ1PGOHgHAQHVRdQb0CwNG34lMz7obZ638wuSbAiqoK-F8MN6GpY5PPDZ20z57nA90dth15EKUcBZix16nSTsgIZ9aG70EA-vJzwOAg4oSTb5Yp0HJQHODFwWfOw0k6KxP_baPuTyoKG_TfRviGJdxjsykn9gRJPytQ0lo1XZGjZmZVRPfiTRvXknC4AkW0h-yUwp_s_MfwDp445YDvPIlU52RQmlfwK5lC1TNmLeD3npWCTak0Pjc3MQkm_lzJSAeLf08bKwb0JtLloz4UTaDNS_x0MqQYMGk5kLXK8xlYMwCoYqkwYLA=w900-h522-no

And a bit of street pier photography.

X-qMPU4t-Ria-5SlkuCjjKjlsZVyvtJTbtEyBddRBAM9Utn3pzwINLjBs7DCeoFHCq2AnC9KpQ1Q-Pk0Pfrcbep9Ml7-jcBN5JL1DmFLO_TqbuFT8abwblTVtIu6Lb8aU3UUzISZm_KxpNUKqHN-ejdwBRtNVkvQlSSikVHLY4Osbv8KpnTNj9-9b2LA57G5jTcirYv_j65QTRSUfv3OSAwjsvab8s_CNw2t9Z62_S5mfdks9sPR3fG6k4nGuQqNmYFHtBBAwcJlvNC2JwyFJw3G7CDG5j5W3uq-uDwTUJ39dVuzZ4p9w6gWaLBDDB3A9pxBxjUBFkYHtAWBME64kac89vcV3PKICmbrjCuhT8MxqMRcitJbrxsIqFwRBZgpBaoa1TVQApAMzKSOZpD4pNMAgjMuG8YwoHFd_10ZVi1Wo6TOG0JGpx72_cPXmAdK9CL7XJDm9aU84rsqRg9Om0kEWUxkYw8L2yJ3w-Q3cl-JdPo7AMdS11-xIwaeDOrgWSpQNjOkb7jsF9Yns_c7FzfSHbatYAHR2or4PsJcvhVmlsElNKR1J72AUuThMMwHwmWlsi3jVktNWsc3fecNQEJLReTKEl0aYWJv1ZDwoqUlbT7JRJMOAQ=w900-h601-no

I shall have to do a bit more research.
Did try with my D90 and LR but with Nikon and LR pictures do not save to SD card only to Laptop which I was not happy with.

Tried a few WiFi apps to transfer jpeg files from d750 to laptop, it worked well and was fast enough.

I think the cable transfer should work fine with the D750.

I love mine, my 50mm sat unused in my bag for a year. My 58mm is my second most used lens. Just love the character it has, the smoothness of the transition between in-focus and oof, the incredibly smooth Bokeh. Sharpness drops off towards the corners, but there's more to a photograph than how sharp it is.

Mine needed calibration though to shoot with it wide open and not worry too much about missing shots.

But then, the bokeh is so smooth, sometimes you miss focus completely and just don't care...

Georgia-5 by Andy Dane, on Flickr

I am trying to decide between a 58 or the Sigma 85......Decisions!

These were worth taking your camera Toby
Thanks. I think I hate crashed a tutorial/demonstration of some kind with these tbh. They had a constant light set up in the lobby and after a few shots the guy said that they'd attracted unwanted attention again and swiftly started to move the lighting equipment. How was I to know :LOL: This was the model from the Fuji stand so whether they just 'borrowed' her or she was paid to do various things throughout the day I've no idea.

There were a number of folk in the lobby with 'portable' lighting I think they brought along just to take pics of the Comic Con characters. Now that's dedication ;) Mind you, if they turn out like @dancook's from last year (or maybe the year before that) it'll have been well worth it (y)

There were a number of folk in the lobby with 'portable' lighting I think they brought along just to take pics of the Comic Con characters. Now that's dedication ;) Mind you, if they turn out like @dancook's from last year (or maybe the year before that) it'll have been well worth it (y)

Just done a search for them, no result.

Just done a search for them, no result.
Search for what, Dan's pics? They're on Flickr (y) Just had another look and both 2015 and 2016 are top draw imo.

Edit: minnnt's beat me to it, wasn't sure whether they'd be on here or not (y)

Last edited:
lol no he was the Elf and agree about his posing :)
Haha.

Did you enjoy the exhibition, and did you buy an XT20 in the end? Playing with the D500 has made me want one even more for sports and wildlife :facepalm: Well tbh I'd love the D5 for sports but that's a pipe dream :LOL:

yes loved the exhibition and yes bought an XT20.
had a play with the Nikon long glass and the D5,wonderful camera.
I think it won't be too long before you get the D500 ;)

Haha.

Did you enjoy the exhibition, and did you buy an XT20 in the end? Playing with the D500 has made me want one even more for sports and wildlife :facepalm: Well tbh I'd love the D5 for sports but that's a pipe dream :LOL:

Do it! I think i would have both if i had the funds. Trouble is i take pics of a mixed bag so D750 suits. Although saying that I am doing more equestrian than anything else. Then saying that (again) a lot of people are asking for pics of their horses and portraits... For which the D750 suits more!

Back