Nikon D750 & D780

Thanks guys for the GGS LARMOR screen protector recommendation. Will order that today.

@twist I am most likely to either have the 24-120 or the 50 attached for family days out as the 24-70 would most likely be left at home.

Another question I had is I wanted to get a flash and was thinking either the Nikon SB700, Yongnuo YN-568EX or the Meike MK-910 for either capturing portraits of my toddler and for small events such as birthday parties and social gathering. Off-camera flash also intrigues me so was looking at the Yongnuo triggers.

As for the switch back to DSLR it seems like a lot of you have done this including me. I have decided not to invest in two separate set-ups and just get a decent P&S later this year for times I really don't want the Nikon kit.

Last edited:
I used the D750 and the D700 side by side this weekend …………. they are both marvellous cameras ………. and the D700 is still up there for most of my needs for general stuff ……. I was going to sell the D700 but not now

The D750 is just a great development for Nikon up the FX ladder ……………. but a low clicks used D700 for £600 to £800 is still a bargain

I used the D750 and the D700 side by side this weekend …………. they are both marvellous cameras ………. and the D700 is still up there for most of my needs for general stuff ……. I was going to sell the D700 but not now

The D750 is just a great development for Nikon up the FX ladder ……………. but a low clicks used D700 for £600 to £800 is still a bargain

I dont think a D700 is worth anything near £800. £600 is nearer the mark for a mint example. As you say though, still a great camera.

Last edited:
:plus1:

I'm using the GGS Larmor screen protector on mine... Not the cheapest but very easy to apply and almost invisible. :)

I dont think a D700 is worth anything near £800. £600 is nearer the mark. As you say though, still a great camera.

It depends - I said £600 …….. and you can get them for £500 ………… my view is always that you should buy the best you can for your money and paying an extra £50, even £100 for a mint one is worth it

I saw a ANIB D700 last week for £800

It depends - I said £600 …….. and you can get them for £500 ………… my view is always that you should buy the best you can for your money and paying an extra £50, even £100 for a mint one is worth it

I saw a ANIB D700 last week for £800

I see mint with under 10k actuations are now going for around the 600 mark, 650 with extras.

I doubt they would achieve £800 but there are some die hard D700 fans out there so you never know. Loved both of mine and considered getting another just because they are so cheap but I dont really need another camera.

As for the switch back to DSLR it seems like a lot of you have done this including me. I have decided not to invest in two separate set-ups and just get a decent P&S later this year for times I really don't want the Nikon kit.

There does seem to be a number of folk who have made the mirrorless journey and then back to DSLR. I did the same a couple of years back and have tried most of the mirrorless kit but haven't found anything which can fully replace a D800 yet

There does seem to be a number of folk who have made the mirrorless journey and then back to DSLR. I did the same a couple of years back and have tried most of the mirrorless kit but haven't found anything which can fully replace a D800 yet

Same here, had em all, none as good as the D750 for my needs.

Same here, had em all, none as good as the D750 for my needs.

I'm thinking the D750 could live nicely with my D800.... a little reluctant to go to mirrorless as I'm trying to get more into paid work this year and the 750 just seems like it ticks more of the boxes.

I'm thinking the D750 could live nicely with my D800.... a little reluctant to go to mirrorless as I'm trying to get more into paid work this year and the 750 just seems like it ticks more of the boxes.

I say go for it, youve been pondering long enough, its a fantastic camera and I think its highly unlikely anything will come along anytime soon to challenge it.

No prior knowledge, just thinking of many previous 'great camera' threads :D

Ah but anytime soon for me is about 1 year, I hardly ever keep a camera that long. Im sure something will be around next year that may challenge it, possibly 5D4 but thatll be £2500 ish and the Nikon will be just over 1k so I think it will have to be something quite special to dethrone the D750 at the pricepoint.

What made you go full circle @allanm from M43 back to Nikon?

I don't know, I just like Nikon kit. I never got the iq I expected with my m43 cameras but even though my Fuji cameras were superb, I guess I just missed the snappy Nikon shutter release ;)
I have kept my Fuji X30 though, it's great as a quick grab camera.
I think the reason I sold my Nikon gear originally was the pain walking around all day with a heavy D300 and f2.8 glass.
Now, there doesn't seem to be much of a weight and difference between systems, and I am mostly staying away from heavy lenses.
I'm not looking forward to the new Fuji XPro 2 coming out though...........:runaway:

Allan

I be interested too what you think of the 24-120 lens

lamor screen protector for me

The 24-120 f4 is a great walkabout lens and works really well with the D750 I'm very happy with mine and fully intend to keep it for some time and will build my lens collection around it until such time as I win the lottery

I don't know, I just like Nikon kit. I never got the iq I expected with my m43 cameras but even though my Fuji cameras were superb, I guess I just missed the snappy Nikon shutter release ;)
I have kept my Fuji X30 though, it's great as a quick grab camera.
I think the reason I sold my Nikon gear originally was the pain walking around all day with a heavy D300 and f2.8 glass.
Now, there doesn't seem to be much of a weight and difference between systems, and I am mostly staying away from heavy lenses.
I'm not looking forward to the new Fuji XPro 2 coming out though...........:runaway:

Allan

Look forward to seeing you back in the Fuji thread soon then... You know, when you buy a third X-T1. ;)

What type of connector does it use?
The one that fits the D750. :D The rectangular plug same as the D90, D5200 etc. Not the round ten pin that the 'pro' bodies use - although you can buy plug in leads to use with other cameras.

Bury-Court-Barn-wedding-photography-Sophie-and-Sean-61-of-188.jpg

Bury-Court-Barn-wedding-photography-Sophie-and-Sean-155-of-188.jpg

Bury-Court-Barn-wedding-photography-Sophie-and-Sean-130-of-188.jpg

Bury-Court-Barn-wedding-photography-Sophie-and-Sean-170-of-188.jpg

Bury-Court-Barn-wedding-photography-Sophie-and-Sean-175-of-188.jpg

Bury-Court-Barn-wedding-photography-Sophie-and-Sean-177-of-188.jpg

I am wary of running the firmware update in case it means having to retune all my lenses again. Can someone who has ran it confirm if they needed to retune. I can't be bothered doing them all again (y)

I am wary of running the firmware update in case it means having to retune all my lenses again. Can someone who has ran it confirm if they needed to retune. I can't be bothered doing them all again (y)

Write down the values on a piece of paper? EDIT, I see what you mean.

If it helps, I've uploaded the new firmware to my D750 (with fine tuned lenses) and it has kept the values etc.

Back