Nikon D750 & D780

Gone fully D750 for our wedding and couple shoots this year. Finally 100% happy with a wedding camera for the first time since we shot on D700s.

Full post of this wedding is here, for anyone who wants a look.

Killruddery_House_Wedding_Photography_Wicklow_Ir.jpg

Also really like 3 & 6, is that your hand giving through the keyhole effect on 6?

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the remote control function on until I turn it off? It's a little annoying when it keeps turning off.

Cheers
Yes, I recently upgraded to the D750 from the D7000 and this twists my melons as well. I'm going to have a fiddle tonight to see if I can set one of the user settings (U1 or U2?) to turn on the remote function. I hate having to reset by going into the menu every time. I think I did read in the manual that it can be kept on but will have to re read later.

Yes, I recently upgraded to the D750 from the D7000 and this twists my melons as well. I'm going to have a fiddle tonight to see if I can set one of the user settings (U1 or U2?) to turn on the remote function. I hate having to reset by going into the menu every time. I think I did read in the manual that it can be kept on but will have to re read later.

Manual :whistle:

The bottom has a perceived sharpness about it chris but that's due to the bw conversion I'm sure be interested to see both processed the same side by side :)

Just got mine and the grips awaiting collection at the Post Office. :)
A couple of questions if I may. I've looked in the manual (Honest!) but can't find the answer.
1) Is it possible on image playback to set the "OK" button to give 100% zoom?
2) Is it possible, when using Exp Comp. on live view for the image to show what you're going to get? It shows, for example, that I am going to under-expose by 2 stops, but the image on the screen doesn't reflect this. (My Fuji XP1 does.)

2) Is it possible, when using Exp Comp. on live view for the image to show what you're going to get?
1 - Yes: 50%, 100% or 200%

2 - Yes

Just got mine and the grips awaiting collection at the Post Office. :)
A couple of questions if I may. I've looked in the manual (Honest!) but can't find the answer.
2) Is it possible, when using Exp Comp. on live view for the image to show what you're going to get? It shows, for example, that I am going to under-expose by 2 stops, but the image on the screen doesn't reflect this. (My Fuji XP1 does.)

http://pakartlive.com/nikon-d750-exposure-preview-simulation-live-view-how-to/

Thanks for the link Chris got that bit sorted.
Just need to sort "How to get the 100% zoom via the OK button" bit.

1. Go into Controls in the Custom Setting Menu
2. Select OK Button (first option on the list)
3. Select Playback Mode
4. Select Zoom On.Off
5. Select 1:1 (100%)

I'd also recommend downloading the Nikon Manual Viewer from iTunes... If you've got an iPad or iPhone, it's a handy way to be able to refer to the manual. There's a specific menu set-up manual that's supposed to be for the D7200 but contains a lot of the same info for the D750. :)

Well its the first weekend D750 ownership and I'm delighted with it, sufficiently smaller and lighter than my D800 to make a difference and I feel like I'm giving up very very little v the D800.
Its easily the best handling camera I've ever had and the new hand grip is outstanding, the camera feels 1000x better than the D600 ever did and I'd say its nicer to hold than the D800 although the D800 does feel a bit better built.

Will take a little getting used to not having dedicated buttons on top for everything (ISO and BKT mainly) but broadly it seems nicer to use than the D800 and the AF is excellent.

The excellent handling is also causing me my biggest dilemma though, I bought the 24-120 f4 VR with it expecting the lighter lens to feel better than the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 on this body but either lens feels excellent and actually IQ wise I see little difference so I think I'm going to move on the brand new 24-120 and keep the Tamron as it feels fine and indeed light enough with the D750, also means I'm not doubling up on focal length (although the 70-120 range is good!).

Also a little undecided on what to do with the D800, I honestly thought I'd see more difference in IQ between the 24mp and 36mp bodies but I'm half tempted to move on the D800 for the £900-£1000 they are going for and buy another D750......

Overall very happy though, fills my needs more than the Fuji or Sony compact systems could and with a small prime like the 20/28 or 50 its an immensely powerful and light system.

Just need an Ultra Wide Angle and a new bag now....

Will take a little getting used to not having dedicated buttons on top for everything (ISO and BKT mainly) but broadly it seems nicer to use than the D800 and the AF is excellent.

The red video record button can be programmed to change ISO with the rear dial and switch between auto ISO to manually set via the front dial when shooting stills. A great feature IMO.

I must say that I find the D750 a great handling camera - and the U1 and U2 feature is excellent - could just do with a U3!

Last edited:
Lovely work Decigallen, as ever.

I continue to rate this camera massively (and I still LOVE the 58/1.4)

Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-4-of-195.jpg
Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-69-of-195.jpg
Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-77-of-195.jpg
Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-96-of-195.jpg
Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-153-of-195.jpg
Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-166-of-195.jpg
Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-172-of-195.jpg
Wiltshire-wedding-photography-Annabel-and-Dean-187-of-195.jpg
Hi guy

Great images.

Love the look of 58mm

What percentage of a wedding would you use the 58mm. I'm thinking of getting one, but not quite sure where it would fit in with the way I work. At the moment I shoot mostly with the 35mm paired with a 70-200. Was thinking of getting an 85 to use with the 35. What do you use throughout the day.

Thanks folks

More than I expected Lee - I'm still using a 35/1.4 for around 60-70% of the day and the rest is with the 58mm now.
Thank you guy.

So effectively it has replaced lenses on the long end like the 85 and 70-200. That's interesting, definitely worth the consideration.

Just waiting on a d750 to try out, saving weight is a big bonus to me, the 58mm doesn't look much heavier than a sigma 35 art which I use a lot, don't look forward to carrying the 70-200 around all day so switching it for something lighter would be great.

I work on the basis of investing the most money where I use it (for lenses). So the Nikkor 35/1.4 is a no-brainer as it's my main focal length. I also have a 24mm which I only really use if I have to. I did have an 85/1.4 but only used it for B&G shots whereas my old 50mm got used a lot. So, a 58mm works in terms of being a bit longer than the 50mm but more usable for me overall than an 85. So I sold the 851/4 and instead bought a used 85/1.8 so I still have the 85mm option but without the financial investment there (and the 1.8 is a stellar lens). The way the 58mm renders in low light and for people is, IMO, astonishing. I sold my 70-200 about 5 years ago and don't miss it at all.

Got five minutes to spare ?

Don't forget to password protect your D750 WIFI to your iPhone / Android Nikon remote app. Whilst the manual does explain how to connect it's not all that clear. Here's how I set mine up on IPhone - Android is pretty much the same.

1. Setup menu > WIFi > Network connection from off to 'enable'

2. On your iPhone 'Settings' menu 'WIFI' make sure this option is turned on (it probably is already)

3. WIFI setting will 'find' WIFI signal from your D750. You know you will have it when you see 'Nikon_ etc' on your iPhone. Tap to select.

4. Open the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility App.

5. Top right hand corner 'Settings' > tap on this to open.

6. Change settings to WPA2-PSK-AES.

7. Go back to menu and select 'Password of your choice'

8. Exit and hit 'OK' - that's it job done and your up and running.

9. Come right out of iPhone WIFI settings, go back in and enter your password again.

If your lens cap is off, you should now be able to see on your iPhone whatever image your lens is pointing to.

In addition you can view pictures held on your SD card and also save these to your iPhone / Android.

It's not a bad little app and I can see the potential for photographing wildlife or perhaps some candid street photography. With the camera hanging from a strap from your neck or resting on a table. Nobody will pay you any attention as you look at your iPhone, view the subject and then press the shutter button on your phone to take the exposure. Hope this helps.

I'm re-posting this as I keep getting asked about the WIFI set up.

Back