Nikon D750 & D780

No, my 70-200 OS is okay, I believe some 35 work and some dont, not heard of the 85 though. Be a trip to Sigma for new FW if it supports the D750.

Cheers dude. How are you finding the D750? If I remember right you had a D800, like myself. I can't wait to get out and take some proper photos with it. A few low light tests around the house and the results are spectacular.

Getting very hard to resist now. To those that have ordered the D750 with the 24-120 from Panamoz, does it come as a kit in a single box, or as separate body and lens?

Cheers dude. How are you finding the D750? If I remember right you had a D800, like myself. I can't wait to get out and take some proper photos with it. A few low light tests around the house and the results are spectacular.

Im enjoying it now it has support in LR, was a bit of a pain DNG converting but Im pleased Adobe held off because they did a fantastic job.

I had the D700 and D800 and a few other FF cameras and the D750 is definitely the best in terms of image quality and AF (I dont really need 36mp). I can shoot up to ISO 16000! in RAW without really tweaking the noise and its still perfectly usable. The files also clean up really well with only minor noise reduction in LR.

After about 3k shots I am still very impressed with this camera and cant think of anything Id rather have (which makes a change!)

Dude I wouldn't touch that 24-120 lens. Worst case scenario if you want a zoom in that range go for the Sigma 24-105 OS art. Check Tony Northrups review comparisons.

Dude I wouldn't touch that 24-120 lens. Worst case scenario if you want a zoom in that range go for the Sigma 24-105 OS art. Check Tony Northrups review comparisons.

I wouldnt personally go for either, Id go for a Tamron 24-70 VC and hope for the best.

Im enjoying it now it has support in LR, was a bit of a pain DNG converting but Im pleased Adobe held off because they did a fantastic job.

I had the D700 and D800 and a few other FF cameras and the D750 is definitely the best in terms of image quality and AF (I dont really need 36mp). I can shoot up to ISO 16000! in RAW without really tweaking the noise and its still perfectly usable. The files also clean up really well with only minor noise reduction in LR.

After about 3k shots I am still very impressed with this camera and cant think of anything Id rather have (which makes a change!)

Nice one dude. I cant wait to get the 35 and 70-200 on it. I know the 50G is good but its not really gonna show what the D750 can do !

Nice one dude. I cant wait to get the 35 and 70-200 on it. I know the 50G is good but its not really gonna show what the D750 can do !

Im also using the 85G which is a excellent performer. Might get another Siggy 35 but I also need to stop spending, I dont even use my 70-200 2.8 OS.

I wouldnt personally go for either, Id go for a Tamron 24-70 VC and hope for the best.

I was thinking of this lens. I have been tempted by it but think I will stick with the 35 for general purpose. I love the Tamron 70-200, out of all the 70-200s I have owned that one was my favorite, even against the VR2

I was thinking of this lens. I have been tempted by it but think I will stick with the 35 for general purpose. I love the Tamron 70-200, out of all the 70-200s I have owned that one was my favorite, even against the VR2

Yeah, I prefer primes. Out of zooms with someone elses money thats what Id go for.

Yeah, I prefer primes. Out of zooms with someone elses money thats what Id go for.

Been trying to source a second hand one to no avail, traded my Canon mount one to MPB and its the lens I miss most. Have an ebay supplier offering me a deal on one now so will go with that once the funds clear from MPB. Have had a few wanted ads but its always the way of it when you want something its never there haha.

Have been testing this abit more, I am utterly blown away. What a beautiful little camera. Love it, so glad I went for it. I dont care if the 85mm doesnt focus in live view. I have a 35mm incoming tomorrow hopefully. Was gonna buy a dock incase the firmware needed updated but would pay someone to send me theirs worst case scenario if that was possible

Have you had one? Assuming you know it's the constant f/4 version, and not the previous variable aperture one (which was a lemon) it actually reviews very well as a good general purpose FX walkabout lens, great colours and contrast, and excellent sharpness across the focal range. It doesn't get the gold ring and Nano coating (like the 24-70 f/2.8G) for nothing. I've had one previously and thought it was very good indeed on my D700 at the time. Regarding the Sigma, I read a couple of fairly average reviews of it last week, so not sure I'd put my money there.

Either way, if I choose to sell the lens on (and it will be a close run thing!) it simply makes the purchase of the D750 body approx £100-£150 cheaper than buying body only.

Last edited:
24-120 f4 is a great walkabout lens :)

I have used one and didn't think it was anything special. Its a versatile lens but if youre after great IQ I wouldn't touch it with a pole, no offence to owners

Gold rings and nano coating mean nothing to me, nothing more than marketing nonsense in the same vein as of Canons L lenses

Getting very hard to resist now. To those that have ordered the D750 with the 24-120 from Panamoz, does it come as a kit in a single box, or as separate body and lens?

I believe it comes in a larger box, with the lens also inside, probably in a white box of its own. I'll let you know in a couple of days :)

Yikes, let's not start flaming the 24-120 on this thread. It's a solid lens for sure, and has its followers. Anyway, for me it might be a means to an end...

Yikes, let's not start flaming the 24-120 on this thread. It's a solid lens for sure, and has its followers. Anyway, for me it might be a means to an end...

Nothing wrong with it, good walkabout lens, very convenient.

Mine arrived from Panamoz today, ordered late Thursday evening. English adaptor and manual with specifying. Very happy so far!!

It's looking like the d750 is getting cheaper all ready I wannnnt!!!

Where have you seen it cheaper, or are you just talking about the greys on Panamoz etc?

Also, I have the cash(ish) just waiting for the right time to buy.

Once I started looking at greys through, I couldn't help myself and the discounts are so tempting to upgrade to the D810 instead of D750! ....hmmm

Quick question and this applies to D810 owners possibly too. I have a D810/750 on the way to me now and a Sigma 35 is one of the lenses. Have anyone with this combo tested does the autofocus work in Live view with either body?
The autofocus works in live view with the 35mm art and D750....

I believe it comes in a larger box, with the lens also inside, probably in a white box of its own. I'll let you know in a couple of days :)

Yes, a larger box, but no white box inside. The lens is held firm by folded cardboard pieces.

Where have you seen it cheaper, or are you just talking about the greys on Panamoz etc?

Once I started looking at greys through, I couldn't help myself and the discounts are so tempting to upgrade to the D810 instead of D750! ....hmmm
I actually considered going from a D800 to a D750 to be an 'upgrade' and probably would have felt the same if I'd had a D810!

Well it seems that "the marketing" for the D750 seems to have certainly worked very well as far as this forum is concerned …….. the D610 now seems to be a body not to buy (at all) and even the D810 is being somewhat marginalised

Well it seems that "the marketing" for the D750 seems to have certainly worked very well as far as this forum is concerned …….. the D610 now seems to be a body not to buy (at all) and even the D810 is being somewhat marginalised

I dont think its 'the marketing', its down to performance vs cost and it not just this forum singing its praises.

I dont think its 'the marketing', its down to performance vs cost and it not just this forum singing its praises.

Agreed, its a great camera. Looking forward to doing a few weddings with it.

Different horses for different courses ... the D810 is a great camera if you want what it gives and if you want what it gives the D750 isn't up to it :)

Yeah just the Greys I can't justify the UK market prices the Grey market is the only reason I'm going FX

Quite a few well known wedding pros have made the move, I don't think marketing would have swayed them.

Personally for me it's just hit that sweet spot of features, and is the first new 'affordable' FF body with a high-end AF system, so it's completely removed the FX/DX dilemma I had before (i.e. D600 for travel/weddings etc, D7100 for Motorsport) , this one ticks both boxes in one body.

My Sigma 35 arrived from panamoz and I asked for it to be wrapped better. It came in a mountain of bubble wrap. Just ask them if you're concerned about packaging.

What marketing is that then? I've only been going by reports of real world usage, personally.

What marketing is that then? I've only been going by reports of real world usage, personally.

Obviously you have not been influenced by any marketing then … even in the reports that you have read

Last edited:
Do you have an issue with the D750? Or is it just 'the marketing'?

No issue whatsoever …….. I'm thinking about getting one when I get back to the UK, as it is really cheap, i.e. low price ……..all I was saying is that the D610 now seems to have been considerable pushed to one side and totally eclipsed by the D750

I will find the tilting LCD screen quite useful

Last edited:

I think the negative feelings about the D610 follow on from the bad QC/design issues of the D600 which pretty much killed it imho. They had to bring out the D610 to try and move on from the bad D600 reputation, and, in doing so, killed the resale value of everyone's D600s. :rolleyes: :( And then to bring out the D750 so soon, and the D610 doesn't fare too well. Nikon are killing values so quickly that they are their own worst enemy as consumer confidence is concerned with all the QC/design issues, and bringing out too many cameras so quickly.

The D750, as has been said, seems to be hitting the sweet spot for a lot of people.

Back