Nikon D750 & D780

My Sigma 35 ART is gray. Doesn't worry me. Not least as there are no issues with it. With some micro-adjust via the sigma USB dock, it is pin sharp from 0.3M to infinity (ish). Great lens.
Does the USB dock only work with sigma lenses? How much would one cost? Cheers

Cant connect iphone5 to D750 via wifi. Followed instructions (honest). Iphone can see d750, but d750 don't seam to want to connect .Any ideas?

I put up an easy step-by-step guide early on in this thread, if you start at the beginning you should find it. I can't remember the post number.

I put up an easy step-by-step guide early on in this thread, if you start at the beginning you should find it. I can't remember the post number.

I found that post by searching 'password' in this thread but am having problems connecting now. Your guide sorted how to password protect the camera, though. Apparently, the Nikon WMU app doesn't support the new android 5.0 update which both my nexus 7 and sony z1 are both currently running. It connects but drops immediately. I had no problems connecting with both devices before the update. Anyone suggest another app for wireless control of D750 from a 5.0 Android device? cheers!

I found that post by searching 'password' in this thread but am having problems connecting now. Your guide sorted how to password protect the camera, though. Apparently, the Nikon WMU app doesn't support the new android 5.0 update which both my nexus 7 and sony z1 are both currently running. It connects but drops immediately. I had no problems connecting with both devices before the update. Anyone suggest another app for wireless control of D750 from a 5.0 Android device? cheers!
I goggled " Nikon d750 and iPhone wireless". I hope it works for an android device as my next phone is likely to be an HTC. It's all a bit of a faff to be honest. I'm sure Nikon could have been a bit smarted with the application of connecting a phone and a camera.
3 years ago we'd have been amazed. 5 years ago, would not have seen the need.

Hmmmmm, and being a little cynical, wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

I think Sigma's lenses have been getting a lot better with their QC, and I think the USB adapter takes any adjustments beyond any in camera lens micro adjustment, as you can adjust for different focal lengths. Obviously, should the lens need it. ;)

It's a great way to "tune" your lens. Avoids the need, if there is one, to send off the lens to say Nikon for a cal.
But, you do need to avoid becoming anal over making sure a sharp lens is sharp where you want it to be !

I think Sigma's lenses have been getting a lot better with their QC, and I think the USB adapter takes any adjustments beyond any in camera lens micro adjustment, as you can adjust for different focal lengths. Obviously, should the lens need it. ;)

They needed to really as they were getting allot of stick a few years ago. I had one lens that went back 3 times until it got fixed properly. Also got burnt using micro adjustment on my body which worked a treat, until I came to sell the lens. Genuinely forgot about the adjustment and the guy who bought the lens didn't have that facility on his body so had to stump up the £70 to send it back for him to get done, that lens was massively out in hindsight and on the last micro setting if I remember correctly.

I might try the 50 art later in the year as I am curious to see whether they do match up to the hype.

Finally pulled the trigger. D750, 50mm 1.8G and 85mm 1.8G.

I will look to add either a 35mm prime or a 24-70 shortly. Will be needing something wider for landscapes and have a trip to Santorini booked later in the year.

I will look to add either a 35mm prime or a 24-70 shortly. Will be needing something wider for landscapes and have a trip to Santorini booked later in the year.
Nice choice, you need a wide angle though, Santorini is lovely, wait while you go to Oia' for the sunset. I so wished I had taken my Dslr.

Not a bad set up at all.

I picked up the D750 and 24-70 together and got a great deal.

Recently added the sigma 35mm 1.4 and Nikon 50mm 1.4G and 85mm 1.8G.

Pretty much covers everything I'm likely to want to shoot but I do want to add a 70-200 further down the line.

Not a bad set up at all.

I picked up the D750 and 24-70 together and got a great deal.

Recently added the sigma 35mm 1.4 and Nikon 50mm 1.4G and 85mm 1.8G.

Pretty much covers everything I'm likely to want to shoot but I do want to add a 70-200 further down the line.

Very nice, the 24-70 is probably the first on my list, 24 is probably wide enough for my landscapes anyway. A 70-200 will also be on my list at some point, the new 300 F4 also looks very good and quite compact.

Very nice, the 24-70 is probably the first on my list, 24 is probably wide enough for my landscapes anyway. A 70-200 will also be on my list at some point, the new 300 F4 also looks very good and quite compact.

I was the same with the 24-70. Pretty much covers everything I'd want to shoot and 24mm is plenty wide for me.

Don't not consider the 20mm f/2.8D. Nice and light and can stay in the bag unnoticed. On the D750, makes a nice lens to go out with. And quite reasonable now.

Last edited:
So annoying having this D750 sitting here, another due to be delivered tomorrow and we still can't use them as have not lenses!

Have on order :

Nikon 35mm 1.8G
Nikon 50mm 1.4G
Nikon 85mm 1.8G

Ideally wanted the 1.4 versions but due to reviews of the 1.8 and the ISO performance of the D750 gigured we'd save some money and upgrade if needed in the future.

With the following to order before our next wedding :

Nikon 24mm 1.4G - (pricey! Hurry up with that 1.8 release Nikon!)
Nikon 135 f2

Anybody used the above lenses with the D750 and how have you found them? Currently use the 35mm sigma art on a 5d3 and its fantastic. May look to sell the Nikon 35mm on if it doesn't match up to the Sigma we're used to.

Last edited:
I am also interested in your views on the 35 compared to the sigma, let us know how you get on.

Anyone tried any third party batteries? Could do with a few spares.

I am also interested in your views on the 35 compared to the sigma, let us know how you get on.

Anyone tried any third party batteries? Could do with a few spares.
A few spares? They last an age. Anyway, I use an Ex-Pro and so far, so good.

Is that an over-reaction by Amazon. It's certainly a bummer for Nikon to have the publicity that this will produce, especially after the D600 farce.

Nikon will have advised Amazon about the issue and probably told them to return all their existing stock (which could be impacted) for replacement stock.

Amazon will have then taken the D750 off sale because they won't yet have the new stock in a position to sell.

It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy, you know.

Nikon will have advised Amazon about the issue and probably told them to return all their existing stock (which could be impacted) for replacement stock.
Wouldn't that apply to all large outlets?

I'm was aware last week of at least one multi - store retailer where all stock is to be collected by Nikon and exchanged. I'm not sure if action was requested by retailer or initiated by Nikon.

So annoying having this D750 sitting here, another due to be delivered tomorrow and we still can't use them as have not lenses!

Have on order :

Nikon 35mm 1.8G
Nikon 50mm 1.4G
Nikon 85mm 1.8G

Ideally wanted the 1.4 versions but due to reviews of the 1.8 and the ISO performance of the D750 gigured we'd save some money and upgrade if needed in the future.

With the following to order before our next wedding :

Nikon 24mm 1.4G - (pricey! Hurry up with that 1.8 release Nikon!)
Nikon 135 f2

Anybody used the above lenses with the D750 and how have you found them? Currently use the 35mm sigma art on a 5d3 and its fantastic. May look to sell the Nikon 35mm on if it doesn't match up to the Sigma we're used to.

I have the 50mm & 85mm 1.8G. Both cracking lenses, very light, great colours and contrast. I wouldn't swap them for anything - they are the definition of bang for your buck!

I will do. Hoping to compare the D750 to our 5D3 too in the coming weeks.

I owned the MK3 for over a year, the D750 takes a huge dump on it. The IQ is a world away. Shadow detail difference/recoverability are universes apart

I find the dot tune method the best. Just Google it, pretty straightforward too !

I owned the MK3 for over a year, the D750 takes a huge dump on it. The IQ is a world away. Shadow detail difference/recoverability are universes apart

I have no lenses at the moment to test me D750 for this issue. For wedding photography this would affect us for certain images. Lenses have been delayed due to paypal still pending payment. The only person I know with a Nikon has a DX Nikon with kit lens. Would I be able to replicate the issue with that lens? (I believe all lenses are interchangeable on Nikons unlike Canon)

That's what we were hoping having spend hours and hours on reviews :)

Wouldn't that apply to all large outlets?
I guess it would depend on the outlet. Maybe some are able to turnaround the replacement of stock faster than others. Even without stock, some may decide to keep selling on the basis that they will be able to supply replacement stock soon enough.

I'm was aware last week of at least one multi - store retailer where all stock is to be collected by Nikon and exchanged. I'm not sure if action was requested by retailer or initiated by Nikon.
I think it would have been initiated by Nikon as not all retailers are clued up enough about bubbling issues to initiate it from their side.

I asked Nikon if they were going to repair D750 with the flare issue if the camera was a grey import and they replied they will make an announcement at the end of January 2015 as regards warranty.

I have the 105 f2 DC, which is essentially the same as the 135. Great lens on the D750, AF is very rapid, mine was spot on straight out of the box.

The PhotographyLife 35mm 1.8 review (I think it was there anyway) swung me in favour of the Sigma 35mm 1.4 over the Nikon 1.8. Sharpness wise the 1.8 holds its own well, but the Sigma has that undefinable 'pop' that the 1.8 doesn't seem to have, to my eyes the Sigma images are more pleasing.

As for batteries, I bought the Fosmon ones on Amazon when I had a D600 and they seem as good as the originals. Actual battery life is amazing on the D750 (especially given my other body is a Sony RX1!), I'm still on my original charge, 900 shots, all the initial menu config, minutes of video and lots of live view, it's still not close to being dead!

Last edited:
Back