Nikon D750 & D780

I think many of us can identify with this, I certainly do. Like anything, to improve, you need to challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone. We all get into a habit of shooting the same things, in much the same way. I started off the year with a plan to shoot more, which is essential in order to improve. The reality has not been this. I had hoped to find some more regular shooting, coupled with a little paid work to help fund the hobby, but I have eased off that more recently as life takes over. With the colder months approaching, it's time to dust off the lighting kit and get the studio back out, hopefully should help reignite my enthusiasm. I've discovered another little pursuit/hobby this summer too and guess I've been focussing all my resources and money on that so can't do it all
I’ve been looking for something that takes my fancy but the only thing really is urban stuff and it’s finding time and money to travel to an interesting city.

Street photography is something I have thought about but doesn't evoke a real desire, but there has to be potential to challenge.

I've jumped on the latest middle-aged crisis for men - road bikes! The ones without engines. It's been a really fun summer of getting fit and faster. So, been looking at other ways of losing £3k..

MPB offered £840
That is the problem with the market

Buyers get a much better deal over second hand if they buy grey and sellers get a much better deal if they go to MPB!

When I buy a new cam shortly it will be from e infinity. My existing one will be sold to MPB!

Last edited:
I really like the D750, it certainly takes some beating. Wandering around on holiday at present with it, my 28mm 2.8 & 50mm 1.8 and to be honest on a wrist strap it’s ideal. I just carry it in hand, I think it’s far more comfortable to carry that way than any of the Fuji’s I’ve had and the end result is much much better.

I really like the D750, it certainly takes some beating. Wandering around on holiday at present with it, my 28mm 2.8 & 50mm 1.8 and to be honest on a wrist strap it’s ideal. I just carry it in hand, I think it’s far more comfortable to carry that way than any of the Fuji’s I’ve had and the end result is much much better.

The 50 1.8 is a great set up for small and portable. For the odd wider landscape pic whilst away, I’ve stitched shots together quite a bit.

Street photography is something I have thought about but doesn't evoke a real desire, but there has to be potential to challenge.

I've jumped on the latest middle-aged crisis for men - road bikes! The ones without engines. It's been a really fun summer of getting fit and faster. So, been looking at other ways of losing £3k..
Omg another @minnnt more lycra wearing weirdos on the road :D:D:D:D

Over the past few months since having the d500 and chopping in my 150-600 for tge 200-500 that has improved my keeper rate but that's it.

Anything none wildlife the d750 is the one to take. Still love the way it handles and the files it produces.
Eva is getting to the almost crawling stage now most of my time will be her soon. And if not with her I'm working and part time game keeping.

Nope, there is no way of them knowing
Don't you send the box? The camera bodies I've bought have all had Chinese/Japanese writing all over them which is a bit of a give-away ;)

Don't you send the box? The camera bodies I've bought have all had Chinese/Japanese writing all over them which is a bit of a give-away ;)

You dont actually have to send the boxes!

Mine haven’t had Chinese writing but no you don’t have to send the box!

All my lenses are just normal boxes too.

Once second hand there really is zero difference between grey and uk sourced.

And not me, I do like the D750 even if now I don`t use it much due to getting a D500 and preferring macro but when the mornings get a bit more lighter later then I`ll do more sunrise shots.

Sunrise shots are beautiful, but, that means you have to get up... before sunrise. o_O:hungover::banghead:
Now that the summer is passing by and the Sun rises later thats not too much of a problem, failing that, I can go for Sunset shots, no getting up then, problem solved :p

That’s why I love living on the west coast, sunsets over the ocean rather than sunrise :D there are however zero features on the nearest bit of coast, perhaps part of the reason I’m not a landscape photographer :oops: :$

That’s why I love living on the west coast, sunsets over the ocean rather than sunrise :D there are however zero features on the nearest bit of coast...

There's the pier. ;)

Back