Nikon d80 + 18-135 dx

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Happy new year .
I have been offered as near as dam it brand new one of these ,1750 clicks for less than hundred quid . Would you bite their hand off

Sean

Not a bad camera is you need one to get going.

I had a D80 and I got some lovely memorable photos with it.

Appreciate the replies. I have the Fuji x10, which I'm finding out is not the best for big scene photos... ie.. Landscape style.

Thanks
Sean

Last edited:
You've got Pentax and Fuji kit I see - TBH I can't see this offering anything over your existing gear other than the experience of a different system and a good walk-about zoom. The sensor will be very dated now, and while capable, will be noisy at higher ISO and have limited dynamic range.

If you've a reason to be interested in old Nikons then go for it, but otherwise probably not.

You've got Pentax and Fuji kit I see - TBH I can't see this offering anything over your existing gear other than the experience of a different system and a good walk-about zoom. The sensor will be very dated now, and while capable, will be noisy at higher ISO and have limited dynamic range.

If you've a reason to be interested in old Nikons then go for it, but otherwise probably not.

Just thinking on, most of my photos were taken at well below ISO 800. I never ramped up the ISO as images did tend to become mushy, and fall apart.

I loved plinking with my D80 and the 50mm 1.8D. Good light and low ISO, I managed some nice photos. But yes, plenty better cameras out there now, and for not that much more money.

Back