1. realspeed

realspeed

Name:
    Bazza
    Edit My Images:
    No
    you could spend your other half small fortune as well ;)

Ganton Gunner likes this.
  2. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner

Name:
    peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Any recommendations on CF card please.

3. gad-westy

gad-westy

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I use Sandisk Extreme Pro. About £50 for a 32gb. Use the same for the SD slot. A bit annoyingly pricey but I think now that Lexar don't really exist, it's probably the best option. The write speed does seem to be more important on the D800 than most cameras. Really notice the difference in general operation.

Just a note on size, I shoot 14bit lossless compressed raw and can get near 800 photos on a card. I guess if I was shooting an event I might want more but most of the time, that is plenty.

Ganton Gunner likes this.
  4. realspeed

realspeed

Name:
    Bazza
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I use Sandisk as well for CF and SD slots . irrespective of GB size I do make sure the mb/s is not less than 90 and recently using 160 in both D800 and D810 cameras

Naka likes this.
  5. gad-westy

gad-westy

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yep. Though worth mentioning that cards are marketed on their read speed but the write speed is the important aspect. So worth reading the actual spec rather than than the headline number as the read and write speeds can (and do) differ massively. But never the less the Sandisk 160 cards are among the very fastest.

6. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner

Name:
    peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    thanks both :)
    i have put a sandisk extreme 90mb sd card in it already as they are what i always use so shall do the same for compact flash :D

SFTPhotography likes this.
  7. SFTPhotography

SFTPhotography Top Cat

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I use these and they’re great. For landscape you don’t need the fastest cards.

You might have missed the boat with Black Friday as amazon were doing 64gb Sandisk cards for a little over a tenner