Nikon D90 manual :-/, any suggestions for companion books

Edit My Images
No
Just got the D90 a couple of weeks ago and am very new to photography. The manual seems to be all over the place. (At the moment I'm trying to get my head around the AF modes - dynamic, auto, 3d tracking etc etc) I'm finding the best thing to do is to google questions that come up eg. "why would you bother to use af-s or af-c when you have af-a??" (I know that probably sounds like a silly question to the more experienced on here), and I get some good tutorials. But just wondered if anyone could suggest a good book that would give nice clear explanations, I really want to know my camera inside out. I thought of getting the 'For dummies' one. Does anyone have experience of this book?

But just wondered if anyone could suggest a good book that would give nice clear explanations, I really want to know my camera inside out.

You might look at Thom Hogan's rather exhaustive guide. Oddly, it remains available only direct from him, on CD - no iBooks or Kindle option. It's about as comprehensive a guide to the D90 as you'll find, and very digestible.

Porsupah said:
You might look at Thom Hogan's rather exhaustive guide. Oddly, it remains available only direct from him, on CD - no iBooks or Kindle option. It's about as comprehensive a guide to the D90 as you'll find, and very digestible.

+1 for Thomas Hogan's book. Covers more than just how to use/set up the camera.

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys. Now I just have to decide which one to get :-/ - Will probably get the Darryl Young and perhaps the dummies one, simpler the better. Arrgh! more decisions ;)

Last edited:
Back