Nikon D90

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
I'm seriously thinking of buying one but i've read on a Nikon "only" forum that some people have had error message (Err) issues mainly to do with the lens and camera coupling.

Anyone out there own one and had similar or any issues??

got one and used it since December, frequent lens changes, never seen a problem. Only comment I would make is that I have heard they are a bit choosy on batteries and sometimes throw an error if the VR lens is fitted with a low battery. However only hearsay, mine has never missed a beat.

No problem with mine during ownership - only ever seen an 'EE' message once when using an older lens and not realising that the lens' aperture ring wasn't in the correct position.

Any big manufacturer is going to get reported errors. If 10000 buy something and it works for 9995 of them THEY will not send a post to a forum saying "My camera works!" but the 5 probably will. If it was a REAL problem it would have been mentioned on here. If it was a real problem Nikon would have sorted it! If it is new then it will have a warranty.

no problems here either. it's definitely not compatible with the Tokina 80-200 2.8 and your will get error code. otherwise no issues

I'm starting to feel more confident on buying one now starting with the 16-85 as my main lens and building on that.

I've had a great deal of Nikon equipment in the past and not had many issues at all, if any

Thanks for your feeback people

I have one, and have had the 'err' issue with a VR lens. Battery was almost flat and when I focused the lens it would make the VR swilling noise but wouldn't take the picture (It felt like being in AF-S mode and not being able to find focus so the shutter won't go). Annoyingly when I let go of the shutter I looked at the top LCD the 'err' messgae went away. Took a few attempts to realise what was going on (and once the initial panic had gone).

Still this isn't so much a fault as the VR draining the life out of the battery when it's on it's last legs. Perhaps a slight issue with the battery indicator not cutting off the cameras power sooner but I guess it's a hard one to call, as I could easily have gotten more shots out if the VR was turned off. And I certainly would have prefered that than no photos at all.

I thoughrally reccomend the camera. Very very very happy with mine. 99% work perfectly.

Back